Has anyone on here read The Koran?

I think I do follow the New Testament, I certainly go the second mile and do over and above what is expected of me. To me the two religions are so very very different..

So do you have your answer as to why not all Muslims follow the Koran to the letter?

So do you have your answer as to why not all Muslims follow the Koran to the letter?

You are starting to go round in circles again.

You said here

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=2622184&postcount=254

<snip> I would disagree with your assertion that all Muslims subscribe to the same teaching.

In reply I said, “You will have to explain to me why Muslims do not keep the Koran.”

So now is your chance.

Why then do many Muslims want Sharia law in this country?

Because they are religious and have faith I would guess.

A muslim wanting Sharia does not mean that they also want to go around stoning people. Jews have Beth Din courts for dealing with civil matters, why shouldn't a Muslim be afforded the same rights as other religious groups and deal with civil matters prior to the british civil courts system? If it reduces the number of cases that get taken to Civil court then it will save tax payers money and benefit us all. I am not saying I agree, just that it is not unreasonable.

Because they are religious and have faith I would guess.

A muslim wanting Sharia does not mean that they also want to go around stoning people. Jews have Beth Din courts for dealing with civil matters, why shouldn't a Muslim be afforded the same rights as other religious groups and deal with civil matters prior to the british civil courts system? If it reduces the number of cases that get taken to Civil court then it will save tax payers money and benefit us all.

What is wrong with following the laws of the country?

Do you think I am happy with so-called Christians who do stupid things? Of course I am not.

You will have to explain to me why Muslims do not keep the Koran.

for the same reasons most christians don't "keep the bible" (sic), I would imagine...

you say

I think I do follow the New Testament, I certainly go the second mile and do over and above what is expected of me.

What is apparent is, that what you are doing on here is the opposite of what I have been doing in this thread.

I have not come in here with dictats that Only *I* have the right way of religion. spouting that only people that do as *I* do are "worthy" or "right".

I have explained/corrected the errors behind your (and others') presumptions, and your "cut-and-pastes" from bigoted, skewed websites.

I have been open minded, and stated that, as far as I am concerned, a person has the complete right to follow the religion (or not) of their choice, as it's a free country.

I respect other faiths, and consider those faiths' values and moral codes as valid as my own, and relevant to the person following that faith (or not to follow a faith-path if that is their choice).

You are being closed of mind, and refusing to be understanding, or tolerant, whilst jumping up and down on your soapbox going on about how open-minded, and tolerant you are. You are a contradiction in terms, grahame.

Islam mandates the murder of homosexuals. If you support islam as a valid way of living them you support killing gays.

What a load of BS. if I went around with this mindset to begin with, then does it mean that I am not taken as an individual, but will be stereotyped and accepted as a part of a larger entity? What, even if I do not believe all of what is being preached or is done by others in the same entity/establishment ?

To me, there is an individual will, and free will to be and to choose and analyse what one follows in religion. I think you will find that even disagreements may arise within organised religion in itself.

If you like to live in a simple well, and wish to see the world view as very narrow, then that is your perogative. However, the world is a large place full of different types of people and complexities. Religion is forever going to be one of these things which is very different in different context and country. Accepting that is a start in accepting other people's own values even if you don't believe in it. If you respect others, then just maybe, just maybe others will respect you too.

You said, "I would disagree with your assertion that all Muslims subscribe to the same teaching."

I asked you to explain.

There are different interpretations of Islam, so not all Muslims follow the same teachings. For example there is the teleban interpretation of Islam, that is only followed by a tiny amount of Muslims.

So to answer your question not every Muslim subscribe the same teaching because their are different interpretations of what the Koran means.

Just like not every one who is a Christian follows the same teachings, I know of a Christian who seems to think that tolerance should be a two way street even though this seems to go against Jesus's teachings of love and tolelerence.

Archived