Has anyone on here read The Koran?

for the same reasons most christians don't "keep the bible" (sic), I would imagine...

you say

What is apparent is, that what you are doing on here is the opposite of what I have been doing in this thread.

I have not come in here with dictats that Only *I* have the right way of religion. spouting that only people that do as *I* do are "worthy" or "right".

I have explained/corrected the errors behind your (and others') presumptions, and your "cut-and-pastes" from bigoted, skewed websites.

I have been open minded, and stated that, as far as I am concerned, a person has the complete right to follow the religion (or not) of their choice, as it's a free country.

I respect other faiths, and consider those faiths' values and moral codes as valid as my own, and relevant to the person following that faith (or not to follow a faith-path if that is their choice).

You are being closed of mind, and refusing to be understanding, or tolerant, whilst jumping up and down on your soapbox going on about how open-minded, and tolerant you are. You are a contradiction in terms, grahame.

As you say it is a free country, so why cannot Muslims integrate into British society, after all many are British citizens but they seem to be wanting to impose their will on the rest of us. Now surely you can't defend that when you talk about it being a free country. Where is the religious tolerance in that?

As you say it is a free country, so why cannot Muslims integrate into British society, after all many are British citizens but they seem to be wanting to impose their will on the rest of us. Now surely you can't defend that when you talk about it being a free country. Where is the religious tolerance in that?

you are talking rubbish again, grahame.

the Muslim community are no more wishing to impose Sharia on the population as a whole than are the Jews trying to impose the "laws" of the BethDin onto non-Jews.

Who is imposing your will on you? The eternal muslim bogeyman? The 3% of the population? You give too much respect and awe to muslims dude.

As for integration please. Google 'white flight britian' and then come back to me.

<snip> I know of a Christian who seems to think that tolerance should be a two way street even though this seems to go against Jesus's teachings of love and tolelerence.

That would be alright if tolerance were a two way street but it seems like a one way street to me with Islam wanting to impose its will on the rest of us.

the Muslim community are no more wishing to impose Sharia on the population as a whole than are the Jews trying to impose the "laws" of the BethDin onto non-Jews.

the same old crap. sorry but i get sick when i hear folks saying i want to impose my views on others. That's just pathetic and highlights the mass views of the middle england who read the daily rags.

I am surprised at you really because Islam is so reminiscent of the Old Testament that you and others have criticised so vehemently and now you are supporting it.

Christianity has moved on and is much much nicer.

Who is imposing your will on you? The eternal muslim bogeyman? The 3% of the population? You give too much respect and awe to muslims dude.

As for integration please. Google 'white flight britian' and then come back to me.

You are causing segregation and putting up barriers instead if integrating into society and before long there will be riots between the different factions, but you seem set on moving further and further away from mainstream society.

That would be alright if tolerance were a two way street but it seems like a one way street to me with Islam wanting to impose its will on the rest of us.

If you can't follow Jesus's basic teachings of tolerence how can you criticize others who do not follow his teachings.

I watched that programme actually. I did find it of interest.

When filmed, both parties, white or ethnic minorities living in the same city fear of the unknown. They fear the fear. Which as a bystander, you kind of think it's quite silly, and don't think that it even exists. To me, that programme is only about one area of the UK only. Not every city is that way in the UK, and should there be a blanket generalisation of politics and policies to be driven that way too?

I think fighting for the resources in the local areas seems to be a big thing which gets the fights going.

To me, and now I truly understand it, cos I used to be so naive and don't particularly follow whatthe papers say, is that... the terms racism and integration are socially bad terms. In its trust sense.

Archived