Has anyone on here read The Koran?

You are causing segregation and putting up barriers instead if integrating into society and before long there will be riots between the different factions, but you seem set on moving further and further away from mainstream society.

Mainstream society is now what is considered as "multi-cultural". Only a few who do not want to follow that is being against that. Itself does not mean it is revolting against one's own roots, or values. It is just embracing what is common between all people in society. At the end of it all, people are striving for the same things. Food, shelter, money, family, love... It is hardly that freakish or that out of the ordinary.

Some people may have different values to oneself, and why is that not okay ? Getting someone to change their value because of your say so seems somewhat in itself demanding too. If you care to read it, some people just want to share their own values, to smooth over the misunderstandings, and not to actually convert anybody.

I think sometimes this important point is missed somewhere.

As I say it is a two way street, you seem to be saying you want it all your own way.

I consider myself an agnostic Christian, but I know that Christianity is not about tolerence being a two way thing. I guess it is easier to quote Christian scripture than it is to follow Jesus's message.

I consider myself an agnostic Christian, but I know that Christianity is not about tolerence being a two way thing. I guess it is easier to quote Christian scipture than it is to follow Jesus's message.

Or, it's that "motes and plank" syndrome... it's easier to point out the speck of sawdust that's blown into someone else's eye, than to see the plank that's in their own...

It's far easier to point a finger, than to actually put into practice that love, understanding, and tolerance that folks bleat about.

Mainstream society is now what is considered as "multi-cultural". Only a few who do not want to follow that is being against that. Itself does not mean it is revolting against one's own roots, or values. It is just embracing what is common between all people in society. At the end of it all, people are striving for the same things. Food, shelter, money, family, love... It is hardly that freakish or that out of the ordinary.

Some people may have different values to oneself, and why is that not okay ? Getting someone to change their value because of your say so seems somewhat in itself demanding too. If you care to read it, some people just want to share their own values, to smooth over the misunderstandings, and not to actually convert anybody.

I think sometimes this important point is missed somewhere.

So all the values that have meant so much to me are being taken from me, from under my very nose, and I am helpless to do anything about it. :(

I consider myself an agnostic Christian, but I know that Christianity is not about tolerence being a two way thing. I guess it is easier to quote Christian scripture than it is to follow Jesus's message.

One of the main principles of Christianity is to do unto others as you would have done to yourself. Now think about that and apply it in reverse and that is tolerance both ways.

So all the values that have meant so much to me are being taken from me, from under my very nose, and I am helpless to do anything about it. :(

what? your right to be a blinkered intolerant bigot?

where do you, personally suffer any lack of the right to follow your own faith? to have your own morals and values?

you have your faith and moral code. You are free to be "christian". You are free to chose to attend church.. or not, as the case may be. You are free to choose whatever faith-or-otherwise you wish to follow. no-one has taken that right from you, nor will take that right from you. It is a constitutional (or legal) right that you enjoy, as a result of the laws of this country, and one which, in your turn, you should be extending to others.

One of the main principles of Christianity is to do unto others as you would have done to yourself. Now think about that and apply it in reverse and that is tolerance both ways.

No you are wrong, Christianity is not about only being tolerent towards those who were tolerent towards you.

Was Jesus tolerent towards the Romans? was Jesus tolerent towards Pilot? I am afraid you have to ask your self some serious questions if you cannot meet some of Christianities basic expectations.

what? your right to be a blinkered intolerant bigot?

where do you, personally suffer any lack of the right to follow your own faith? to have your own morals and values?

you have your faith and moral code. You are free to be "christian". You are free to chose to attend church.. or not, as the case may be. You are free to choose whatever faith-or-otherwise you wish to follow. no-one has taken that right from you, nor will take that right from you. It is a constitutional (or legal) right that you enjoy, as a result of the laws of this country, and one which, in your turn, you should be extending to others.

Judging from the posters on here I fear for the future.

Archived