New Indian restaurant- Dosanj at west one

LadyKx

Went to the new restaurant called Dosanj last night at west one, food was fantastic and everything was fresh and made in an open kitchen. Menu was different, tried a dosa which i've not had before, one of my mates had the crab and the other had one of the fish dishes. Definatley reccomend this place, great drinks menu too! :thumbsup:

yes defo reccommend this place

chef was great. i loved the food and the menu was different to your usual indian. no grease either!

we were a group of 10 on friday night and the place was busy but we still got great service.

tried the chilli paneer and a couple of us had a calamari - really nice !!!!

Even if the owner's feel the need to big their place up, I'll be trying this place. I love 'proper' Indian food, and would like somewhere other than East & West (as much as I love it!) to eat it.

Anyone who doesn't work there actually eaten there yet?! Be interested to hear some proper feedback...

Just had a quick look at their website.

http://dosanj.com/

Menu looks interesting but their prices seem a bit on the high side.

Their masala dosaa would have to be pretty exceptional to justify a price of £11.50! (I think I paid £3.95 in East&West). The same goes for their idl (£13.50! I could buy 13 packets of Gits Idli mix and make it myself for that!).

Having said that, I'll probably visit Dosanj at some time. (As long as someone else is paying!) :)

Archived