New Indian restaurant- Dosanj at west one

LadyKx

How many people here would be interested in a Prix Fixe Gujarati Menu? What sort of dishes would you like to see on there?? Really intrigued....

That would be excellent. Thalis with a good selection of pickles and chutneys, daals, chaat, kachori, dudhi curry, rasya muthia...Stuff I've had to go to Leicester for in the past (although the Kashmir dabbles in some of this).

Would this be at the Ashoka? A vegetarian Gujerati menu would do pretty well, I would imagine and if served as a limited range of thalis would be quite cheap for you to make.

That would be excellent. Thalis with a good selection of pickles and chutneys, daals, chaat, kachori, dudhi curry, rasya muthia...Stuff I've had to go to Leicester for in the past (although the Kashmir dabbles in some of this).

Would this be at the Ashoka? A vegetarian Gujerati menu would do pretty well, I would imagine and if served as a limited range of thalis would be quite cheap for you to make.

It would be at Ashoka. I'm Gujarati and was brought up eating the food and still do regularly to date. If anyone here is interested please email me at ashokasheffield@mac.com

As soon as we have a menu and price in place we'll let you guys know by email.

If anyone else has any requests out there other than what Pete has mentioned - do tell! Either by email or on here.

How many people here would be interested in a Prix Fixe Gujarati Menu? What sort of dishes would you like to see on there?? Really intrigued....

I'd be interested in good veggie Gujarati dishes - I lived in Leicester for a year and there were some great Gujarati places like Bobbys. I always thought a similar place would do well in Sheffield.

We went there the other night thanks to a 2-4-1 voucher I printed off on a Sheffield website, thedealhound.co.uk. Good food, and not too pricey when we had one for free. I had the Thali and a goan fish curry to start with, never been to Goa, so I can't comment on how accurate it was. Not sure when the offer is available for though.

Me and a friend went last night, we didn't have any vouchers, it was just the Aagrah was packed out. We ordered our starters at 8.00 and they came at 9.00. With the long wait we managed to wangle a free drink for our table and the couple next to us.

We had a mixed vegetarian starter for 2 which was by standards of other restaurants in Sheffield City Centre very poor indeed. Not such a long wait for our mains. I had a spinach and paneer dish whilst my friend had a pork bhuna. My friend said his was OK, mine was decidedly average. Why the huge plate of food and why the need to give both rice and bread?

The venue is nice, the location is good and the serving staff very good. However the food was over priced, average and just not seasoned properly. To survive this restaurant will need to improve dramatically. I wont go again and certainly wouldn't receommend

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I finally made it to Dosanj last night. We went for the special offer set menu (2 courses for £12). Despite the very limited choice, I was most impressed by the quality of the food - superior 'british curry' style - with nice rice and nan on the side. At this price level, I would definitely go again.

Archived