New Indian restaurant- Dosanj at west one

LadyKx

Are you being serious ceejay? Low point was when we were told a traditional peshwari naan is just a normal naan with dried herbs sprinkled on it? Apparently the traditional way according to the waitress. Rubbish food, rubbish service, it should be closed down and then we could maybe have a decent restaurant put into it's place.

Have to disagree. We went there last Friday. The service whilst patchy was acceptable, but the food was absolutely fabulous - well presented, good quantities, bursting with flavour. We had a peshwari naan as well, which whilst small tasted like a pashwari naan should taste like!

Also noticed they were awarded Sheffield resturant of the year 2009 - surely you couldn't win that award if they are as bad as some are making out?

One thing I would agree with and that is if you sit near the doors you are likely to get frozen fairly quickly - they really need to sort that out. But easily solved - just request a table near the kitchen end when booking.

They were awarded Sheffield best newcomer award 2009 and that was slim pickings from Fusion Organic Cafe, Ego, Le Bistrot Pierre, 1855 at the Copthorne and Dosanj. most of them I have never heard of.

Personally I think that Le Bistrot Pierre, the foods always good, good service and fantastic offers but they probably did not win because there are about 10 Le Bistrot Pierre's around the country.

Also noticed they were awarded Sheffield resturant of the year 2009 - surely you couldn't win that award if they are as bad as some are making out?

Awards mean nothing. This restaurant will have nominated itself and got people to support their nomination. It would however be a definite nominee for the worst restaurant in Sheffield. I would support that nomination!

They were awarded Sheffield best newcomer award 2009 and that was slim pickings from Fusion Organic Cafe, Ego, Le Bistrot Pierre, 1855 at the Copthorne and Dosanj. most of them I have never heard of.

Personally I think that Le Bistrot Pierre, the foods always good, good service and fantastic offers but they probably did not win because there are about 10 Le Bistrot Pierre's around the country.

That's it - Dosanj and Fusion are the only real independent Sheffield based restaurants hence the award to Donsanj. Ignoring the pricing - are the dosas any good? I have an unleashed voucher which is the only reason I am contemplating returning to that place - and I'm not going to bother with another 'curry'.

I'm wondering if they have more than one chef. When we went, the food was really bad (for example some of the chicken was raw), the food took ages to arrive and some of it was lukewarm when it did so, and the portion size was very small. We did complain at the time and also in writing afterwards and were offered a free meal but didn't want to go back.

Others seem to have had better experiences so I think they need to concentrate on achieving consistent results all the time.

Archived