New Indian restaurant- Dosanj at west one

LadyKx

Are you being serious ceejay? Low point was when we were told a traditional peshwari naan is just a normal naan with dried herbs sprinkled on it? Apparently the traditional way according to the waitress. Rubbish food, rubbish service, it should be closed down and then we could maybe have a decent restaurant put into it's place.

They told you a Peshawari Naan was a what? with what sprinkled on?

That's a disgrace!

I love Peshawari naan, and even *I* know that it's a sweet naan made with a filling of apple/ raisins and almonds! (I have also had it with coconut, incidentally.)

Do you know what? I joined this forum because I really do like the restaurant and heard from a friend who goes their reguarly yes the same friend I went to see in Sheffield that it was getting alot of bad reviews. I know from the time I went I had a great time and the food was great. Perhaps its changed now, I don't know, but I doubt it conisdering my friend who I talk non stop to, is always telling me about how good it is. Yes like any restaurant they have their of days, but the chefs are only human, so they make mistakes they can't be on their game all the time.

And as for the randomly generated user name, I'll have you know that Kayla is actually my name so jog on if you think its generated , and look whos talking you freaking hypocrite, noones name is more generated than yours. Bubbaray- what it from Burberry? Ooooh so inventive. Do you not have anything better to do than insult this restaurant ?- I suggest you get a life.

And I'll have you know that both Chefs and pratically all the people who work in the kitchen are Indian, so I suggest you look up your facts before insulting it.

A poor meal is a poor meal, though Kayla.

I love eating out. I love experiencing curries and new flavours. (I'm mad about Channa, and about Paneer), but, if I receive poor service, and/or rubbishy food, it'd be a rare bird that would find a restaurant getting my custom a second time.

It can say "Oxo" on the side of buses, but you'd be hard pressed to find a bus where you could buy them...

ohh, struck a bit of a nerve there. Quite a lot of knowledge for someone who has only been there once?

As for the nationality of the staff I don't believe I mentioned anything apart from the fact that they are not very good chefs, this thread shoudl searve as testimant to that. Please don't try and make this a ethnicity issue, my only issue is to do with the skill of the chefs.

Good night randomly generated user....

:)

Looks like we have some more 1st time posters who just have to tell us how great Dosanj is! Hi there Dosanj, sorry, ah hem.... new, randomly generated user name members.

:hihi:

nah mate, im not from Dosanj... just loyal to the restaurant, heard about these reviews and didnt want everyone getting the wrong idea about the place.

ive had my say thats it really. not every restaurant is 100% perfect, especially not a newcomer one, but theyre trying their best and hats off to them.

and for that person who said the dosa was bland: im indian.. dosas are south indian, theyre generally bland compared to your normal makhani or whatever. dunno how other places do it but thats how theyre kinda meant to be :)

nah mate, im not from Dosanj... just loyal to the restaurant, heard about these reviews and didnt want everyone getting the wrong idea about the place.

ive had my say thats it really. not every restaurant is 100% perfect, especially not a newcomer one, but theyre trying their best and hats off to them.

and for that person who said the dosa was bland: im indian.. dosas are south indian, theyre generally bland compared to your normal makhani or whatever. dunno how other places do it but thats how theyre kinda meant to be :)

Oh so it was supposed to be as bland as a British shepherd's pie?

I'm with the negative majority. Although I thought the service was excellent and the free soup a nice touch the food was only decent at best!

Same problem as someone else mentioned with Pershawri nan-no flavour when I was expecting almonds and coconut.

And the way the food all comes on one plate with a salad....reminded me of Weatherspoons!

Also I had a korma (yes I'm a girl and its what I always have) and it was seriously lacking in the usual creamy coconut flavour!

Never again, I'll stick with Moghul rooms on Sharrowvale.

i visited Dosanj a couple of months ago, i read the reviews on this forum and although there were a lot of negatives, i am one for finding out myself so booked it for a Saturday night!

I wont go into full details but we sat down, ordered a bottle of bubbly between us (with some friends from out of town) and our view of the place dropped like a stone, we didnt even get to order the starters, i called the owner/manager over and told him we were leaving after our drink without eating, we paid for the Bubbly and left,

We went to Antibo's next door and had a great night,

For all those who have not been to Dosanj or Antibo's (even though its an Italian) the only way you will find out is to go down and have a look, you will soon find out who knows how to run a restaurant!!

Went to the new restaurant called Dosanj last night at west one, food was fantastic and everything was fresh and made in an open kitchen. Menu was different, tried a dosa which i've not had before, one of my mates had the crab and the other had one of the fish dishes. Definatley reccomend this place, great drinks menu too! :thumbsup:

Do they have a half price HAPPY HOUR::suspect:

Archived