Best Camera on the Market at the minute?

scottf

Hi everyone, got a family anniversary coming up at the end of the week and have about £200-225 to spend on a Digital camera- don't want anything too fancy (its for a 60 year old) but i want something that is easy to use and has good picture quality - there going travelling for a while so it will be mainly used for scenic shots.

Has anyone got any recommendations? I have a Sony Cybershot myself and love it- is there a new model out?

Personally I'd get something like this & save £50.

Better optical zoom that the compact cameras, 10MP, they're easy to use as just point & shoot cameras but also have more modes & settings for tinkering if you want.

Good suggestion - they also have Fuji one for a similar price.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/160381

Whilst you are obviously not going to be getting SLR quality photos from it you will get much better pictures than you would from a pocket compact.

Good suggestion - they also have Fuji one for a similar price.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/160381

Whilst you are obviously not going to be getting SLR quality photos from it you will get much better pictures than you would from a pocket compact.

Yes must agree because I have one of these and they are very good and easy to use.I am in my 70s by the way.:hihi:

don't want anything too fancy (its for a 60 year old).

Agism raises it's head

You cheeky little s%d.

Just cos s/he is 60 doesn't mean s/he is mentally ga.. ga

lol!! :D :D

No i know there both not mentally ga ga BUT, i would say that most of the younger generations are more . . . . . comftable with modern technology- that is all im saying!!! ;)

Archived