The Warehouse Project moving to Sheffield?

Misty 8T

But for that you need a venue with an owner who is in it for the long haul and doesn't mind not making maximum profit or you need deep pockets to run at a loss for a while. Who has the money for that?

Alternatively you do the time honoured thing of starting the night small with your mates and their mates and building from there...

Alternatively you do the time honoured thing of starting the night small with your mates and their mates and building from there...
Indeed but those days seem to be gone. UG was probably the last night we'll see in sheffield that built itself organically purely based on the quality of the residents and a loyal following. These days things like integrity and patience aren't there any more. The scene moves so quickly and with such force that one bad night can kill an event, even an established event stone dead. You not only have to hit the ground running but you have to do it fast and hard and with a lot of people or you're dead in the water.

To my mind the people i'm most aware of who seem to be doing it the old fashioned way and building from the ground up at a slow but steady pace are Cargo/Mango

I'm really glad you said that Disco Down, as I honestly beleive we are doing it the good old fashioned way. However, I think there are other nights out there that are doing the same (Fragment/Diasha/Gazebo @ Redhouse/MIA @ Redhouse - the latter two still very much in their infancy I think)... but its great to know that we are seen in that way.

I reckon positivity breeds positivity (despite my reservations about SCE) and that eventually we'll all be spoilt for choice of good quality nights again! MAYBE!!!

It would be nice. Certainly a long time since such a rational discussion has taken place on the subject on this forum.

completely agree, lets hope it doesnt stay in the planning stages on sheff forum but we actually take it further.:thumbsup:

Archived