The Warehouse Project moving to Sheffield?

Misty 8T

Sorry to sound repetitive, but it ain't the venues or the promoters that are the problem in Sheffield, it's the crowds. There's enough to support a few little underground nights but that's it.

Unless Dan and co are going to book some big names they will struggle to fill this venue. This isn't a dig or me being negative but there have been some big names fall flat this year in Sheffield i.e. Nic Fanciulli at ES, Back to Basics at Redroom etc

I agree mate, its not the events/artists that is the problem, its Sheffield as a whole, Its just not there at the minute. We could bring Steve Lawler, Nick Curly, robert dietz, livo & roby, ect but the current climate of sheffield's scene just isnt right for these kind of artists. This has been proved numerous occasions with various other Dj's i.e Charls Webster at Diasha fantastic event alex put on with a great house Dj, unfortunately there is only the minority that know of these parties and it wasnt the busiest. Again there was basics at Redroom with Jamie jones not the best turn out for someone like that and like you mentioned with ES when Nic was booked, he's probably one of the most consistant and freshest djs out there but if people dont recognise him or other great artists like they do in other citys in the world then Sheffield will end up losing all recognition of things underground.

We have these smaller partys going on within the city thats still great for the scene, but if where not constantly bringing the recognised artists here then the scene will fall flat and quick.

All hats of to plug for still constantly bringing the bigger names to the city still, remember there the only ones who have been chugging away over the summer still adding the odd names to there lineups.

Fantastic thing for all on the dubfire booking, for those mentioning the WHP in Manc well here you have one of the artists they book regularly.

Well done.

• 3 months later...

It looks as though they've taken a more realistic approach with this second go at it... the first time around it looked too much to take on without some serious backing. But this time, they've wisely only announced one party, got the branding looking much better and given themselves plenty of time.

However, I'm intrigued to find out who the secret guest is... until we find out, it's rather nice to have Cargo residents Kassien at the top of the bill!

x

do we have a link to a website or any other info?

Sorry Grownsy, how could I ever doubt you.

So when and where is this?

The best place for info is here: Facebook Group

On Saturday December 5th we launch the Steel City Experiment where we transform an unused warehouse close to the heart of the city centre and bring you some very special events.

Fully licensed and run by experienced venue operators this is a totally safe and professional event.

A unique experience which will transform Sheffield nitelife delivering the best in underground music!

With the very best in state of art sound (Funktion 1) and lighting this will be a complete transformation of an unused warehouse and an experience never seen before in the steel city.

★★Early bird tickets are now available online at

http://www.sce.eventbrite.com

★★Tickets are Limited and sold on a 1st come 1st serve basis and remember this is a ticket only event! Do not miss out.

Get Involved.

Dan Metcalfe.

I agree, I'm not paying for a ticket unless the headliner is worth seeing. You can catch any of those DJ's around town most weekends really. However, I have to say Kassien are worth paying to see even if I do say so myself!

I might be going nutty, but I seem to remember the blurb on the facebook page mentioning the secret guest originally, but now there is no mention of it... however it remains on the flyer?

Can anyone enlighten me, or was the secret guest never mentioned in the blurb???

ta

I agree, I'm not paying for a ticket unless the headliner is worth seeing. You can catch any of those DJ's around town most weekends really. However, I have to say Kassien are worth paying to see even if I do say so myself!

I might be going nutty, but I seem to remember the blurb on the facebook page mentioning the secret guest originally, but now there is no mention of it... however it remains on the flyer?

Can anyone enlighten me, or was the secret guest never mentioned in the blurb???

ta

Ha, some bias there though ;)

Secret guests, secret locations. It's all very secret. I have to say this secret thing is wearing a bit thin. Secret Sundaze and Mulletover had it nailed in London but it's a bit old hat now.

Archived