The Warehouse Project moving to Sheffield?

Misty 8T

I agree. Secret events probably had a resurgence in popularity since the death of super clubs and people wanted a different kind of experience... however unless the event is actually illegal, it's been done so much that the excitement has kind of been lost now.

Saying that our afterparty are secret. But then again, they arent exactly legit either.

Secret guest:

a) we didn't get round to booking anyone just yet

b) we want people to buy tickets before they're let down

c) it's actually someone good and you will be pleasantly surprised

d) we've got decent local DJs so we can lend their credibility and facebook groups to boost numbers cos the guest wouldn't fill it

Delete as appropriate. :suspect::hihi:;)

I agree. Secret events probably had a resurgence in popularity since the death of super clubs and people wanted a different kind of experience... however unless the event is actually illegal, it's been done so much that the excitement has kind of been lost now.

Saying that our afterparty are secret. But then again, they arent exactly legit either.

That's my point. If it's legit, why call it secret? Anyway looking forwrad to seeing who the special guest is and where the secret location is.

Secret guest:

a) we didn't get round to booking anyone just yet

b) we want people to buy tickets before they're let down

c) it's actually someone good and you will be pleasantly surprised

d) we've got decent local DJs so we can lend their credibility and facebook groups to boost numbers cos the guest wouldn't fill it

Delete as appropriate. :suspect::hihi:;)

I'd like to think it's point c). But, with my new found positive outlook I'll wait and see before jumping in.

I'm just pleased that someone is off their arse and trying to do something in a venue a little more ambitious than a glorified cocktail bar or back room of a pub.

The line-up is not for me, but I wish them all the best with it and hope it leads to more events.

I'd like to think it's point c). But, with my new found positive outlook I'll wait and see before jumping in.

Indeed, ever since this has been first announced I have just sat back with interest to see what unfolded, I can't really get excited about seeing a load of my mates playing though (no offence guys!) so the guest will make or break it for me - and many others I'd presume.

Fingers crossed, I hope they pull it off for reasons Agent **** has expressed.

I'm just pleased that someone is off their arse and trying to do something in a venue a little more ambitious than a glorified cocktail bar or back room of a pub.

I am also pleased about this, but there are promoters already doing this... (not the warehouse thing... the not in a pub/cocktail bar thing).

I agree mate, its not the events/artists that is the problem, its Sheffield as a whole, Its just not there at the minute. We could bring Steve Lawler, Nick Curly, robert dietz, livo & roby, ect but the current climate of sheffield's scene just isnt right for these kind of artists. This has been proved numerous occasions with various other Dj's i.e Charls Webster at Diasha fantastic event alex put on with a great house Dj, unfortunately there is only the minority that know of these parties and it wasnt the busiest. Again there was basics at Redroom with Jamie jones not the best turn out for someone like that and like you mentioned with ES when Nic was booked, he's probably one of the most consistant and freshest djs out there but if people dont recognise him or other great artists like they do in other citys in the world then Sheffield will end up losing all recognition of things underground.

We have these smaller partys going on within the city thats still great for the scene, but if where not constantly bringing the recognised artists here then the scene will fall flat and quick.

All hats of to plug for still constantly bringing the bigger names to the city still, remember there the only ones who have been chugging away over the summer still adding the odd names to there lineups.

Fantastic thing for all on the dubfire booking, for those mentioning the WHP in Manc well here you have one of the artists they book regularly.

Well done.

This has been happening throughout Sheffields history.

Take scuba, I've seen the likes of tortured soul, miguel migs, doc martin etc there playing to about 90 people...........this was about 6 years ago.

It baffles me how people get over excited about deadmou5 etc............I guess the majority of Sheffield just like commercial house.

Moving on to this event, im looking forward to it. It's something different and the local dj's on the event are more than capable of making it a great night.

• 3 weeks later...

Steel City Experiment!

I went to this joke of an event last night and paid £10 on the front doors, as my friends had tickets and kept going on about a "secret guest".

The secret was there was no secret guest. How do promoters think they can get away with this. When i asked the guy on the front door for my money back, he laughed at me.

Wont ever be going back !!!:mad::mad::mad:

By the way the bar & sound system were crap aswell.

I asked the promoters via facebook if there was definately a secret guest as I didnt want to pay the money to see my mates play. I was told that there was a guest who couldn't be named as he has other commitments in the city. He then said the event had sold out and that if I wanted a big name DJ I should try Plug. At the time I thought this was a decent enough response.

However I looked at the facebook page a couple of days later and followed the link to the ticket page and they were still available!? In fact I selected 30 tickets and they were all available to purchase.

I have no idea why the promoter said it was sold out.

However, I was then told by someone that went to the event that the guest was Nyra.

Archived