The Warehouse Project moving to Sheffield?

Misty 8T

Thanks for all the suggestions guys it seems like a warehouse style venue is exactly what Sheffield needs!

We dont want to carbon copy the warehouse project and create something a little different.

To gain maximum support for this project we need the support of Sheffield Djs and though we do aim to bring in the bigger talented Djs and producers we think its equally important to bring in support for our own Sheffield stock to make this really work.

Keep the suggestions coming and ill keep an eye on this thread for your valued suggestions.

Thanks again

Dan.

Please forgive me but is this going to be the residents taken from the current sheffield circuit plus the odd guest, or headline guests supported by old and new sheffield talent?

It goes back to the problem of venues again though. I would love to see a new big venue where we could put some awesome raves on but places are shutting down all over the place and (as mentioned in another thread) only Plug has the capacity for the more expensive artists.

Maybe the promoters of the warehouse project will have a trick up their sleeve that we don't know about - that's the only thing I can hope for but it would have to be nothing short of a miracle the way things are going...

• 4 weeks later...
It goes back to the problem of venues again though. I would love to see a new big venue where we could put some awesome raves on but places are shutting down all over the place and (as mentioned in another thread) only Plug has the capacity for the more expensive artists.

yeah plug put on some well known artists they just don't cater to the tastes of everyone :|

Maybe the promoters of the warehouse project will have a trick up their sleeve that we don't know about - that's the only thing I can hope for but it would have to be nothing short of a miracle the way things are going...

I dont see why we need a 'new big venue'. What Sheffield needs is intelligent people to go out and support small nights when they book forward thinking artists.

A great example would be Diasha with Fish Go Deep and Charles Webster (I seem to remember). If we had another big venue there wouldnt be enough people to fill it unless they booked massive names - and I dont find this appealing at all. For example Plug have booked Dubfire. He's an awesome DJ but I'd go to see Fish Go Deep at Diasha every time (more underground, independant promters in a more intimate venue)... These 'awesome raves' that you speak of are happening all the time, you just need to know where to look for them.

I like the idea of The Steel City Experiment and wish them all the luck in the world, but earlier on there was a mention of the night not becoming a carbon copy of the Manchester thing, however its quite clear that there has been a huge influence from WHP otherwise the night wouldnt have been referenced. Also the fact that it was almost called 'The Warehouse Experiment' had me rolling about laughing. Its not exactly original is it? Also the format of a 3 month period ending on NYE is all very very carbon copy-ish if you ask me...

I think that the guys that are doing the This Is Underground thing have got the best idea as they have a more unique venue, that wont be too difficult to fill.

Going back to the success of the SCE, I hope that there has been as much effort put into the proposed events as the WHP otherwise it is destined to fail. The fact that the group says 'two years in the making' on it yet the name reflects about two minutes of brainstorming, along with artwork that looks frankly like its been knocked together really quickly doesnt fill me with hope for the lads that are doing it. I know that factors these are nothing in comparison to the atmosphere on the night and the music played, but prospective attendees will look at the line-ups, design, blurbs and of course the name when summing up how likely it is that this thing is being run by professionals or not. I'm not calling the organisors unproffesional, but I think that they have a tall order and personally I wouldn't feel confident in parting with cash at this stge.

Consider the herculean amount of promo that went into Tramlines. The SCE (given the fact this will run for a few months) is potentially going to need more coverage and not just in Sheffield. All I have seen with 7 weeks till October, is a facebook group and this thread.

Good luck guys.

Archived