Two police dogs die in parked car

If this was the case, then the person should still be prosecuted, just as the dog breeder was.

Police breaking laws and not getting prosecuted is absolutely disgusting.

I sincerely hope justice is done here, but i wont hold my breath.

It's in hands of the RSPCA and the force responsible. I suspect the officer responsible will either receive disciplinary action and/or prosecution depending on the outcome of the investigation. Like anyone else prosecuted, the matter has to be investigated beforehand. You can't expect an immediate prosecution cos you think the action of someone is wrong.

Hang on, aren't all of the dog vans in Sheffield at least fan cooled? What's the arrangement in Nottinghamshire?

Like I said, it's going to be interesting finding out what's ~ACTUALLY~ happened here. It wouldn't be news if it wasn't half a story would it? :rolleyes:

Were they left in an uncooled vehicle, or is an investigation going to lead to a review of the maintenance of the cooling system on dog vans?

Hang on, aren't all of the dog vans in Sheffield at least fan cooled? What's the arrangement in Nottinghamshire?

Like I said, it's going to be interesting finding out what's ~ACTUALLY~ happened here. It wouldn't be news if it wasn't half a story would it? :rolleyes:

Were they left in an uncooled vehicle, or is an investigation going to lead to a review of the maintenance of the cooling system on dog vans?

Furthermore, we don't know what police procedure is regarding the storage of dogs. If the officer was following procedure then it alters this dramatically. We only know the simple facts, 2 dogs die in a police vehicle, and nothing else. I think it would be wise if people kept instead of making accusations.

The police were in charge of 2 lives - throughout our lives we are told to trust them - that they know whats best - and that they are responsible.

Dog laws were changed April 2008 so that the police no longer hold lost or stray dogs in their cells/kennels. This has caused huge problems for many dog owners and local councils. The reason that trigerred off this change.

A poor dog was 'forgotten' by an officer on duty - and left to starve to death in a cell. I hope to god I am never under their 'care'.

RIP you innocent 2 - it must have been horrendous

"An investigation has been launched after the two Police Dogs died in the handlers own vehicle whilst he was visiting Headquarters last Tuesday afternoon, 30 June 2009" - BBC

They weren't even in a Police van but a private vehicle. For me, that makes it a whole different issue. He should have known better, most, if not all Dog vans are specially air conditioned, private vehicles aren't, and the handler should have known much better than to leave them in a vehicle on a day like it was.

I do hope that the RSPCA manage to bring charges and secure a prosecution against the officer in charge of the dogs. As I understand it, the maximum sentence for causing unnecessary suffering to an animal is six months in prison and a £20,000 fine.

Archived