what's happened to the music scene?!

paranoid

Lose Your Illusion are playing at the Three Horseshoes in Ilkeston tonight. Entry is free, will be a good night. They claim to be one of the best GnR tribute bands in the country, and for one-night-only, I am their stand-in Axl. Come along if you can.

i don't know if you agree, but i think it seems to have died off quite a lot lately (for heavy rock/metal anyway)

I'd say it died off a long time since. There is a startling lack of innovation amongst rock bands in particular, which drove me away from the scene years ago.

I'd say it died off a long time since. There is a startling lack of innovation amongst rock bands in particular, which drove me away from the scene years ago.

That's why I'm trying to promote Mantank so much. They aren't your average metal band.

That's why I'm trying to promote Mantank so much. They aren't your average metal band.

they're not a metal band at all by the sounds of things (i've just listened to the tracks on their web site)

they sound ok at what they do

I put on bands down at the Moorfoot Tavern and have been doing so for the last 4 years. I tend to find that there are fewer bands around in the summer time (students going home, summer hol breaks, etc) but still have a good supply of bands willing to turn up and play.

Any bands reading this who would like a gig should visit http://www.myspace.com/moorfoottavern

or simply PM me.

they're not a metal band at all by the sounds of things (i've just listened to the tracks on their web site)

they sound ok at what they do

If anything they're mostly like Faith No More - to me anyway. They are diverse in their output, but they are based in metal. They just have other styles that they pile on top.

I like 'em anyhow!

i don't know if you agree, but i think it seems to have died off quite a lot lately (for heavy rock/metal anyway)

there doesn't seem to be as many quality bands going around whether they're covers or originals (but i must admit, i don't live in the centre of sheffield so i don't always get to hear about the young student bands)

on the odd occassion when there is a quality band playing they don't seem to pull in as many punters these days

also, there doesn't seem to be as many adverts for musicians and stuff around sheffield and rotherham etc

check out woodseats working mens club this wed eve.. FIRECRACKER are playing..they are a great rock band, doing covers from acdc to oasis and the who etc. Ive seen them alot and they always pull a big crowd. they mostly have gigs in chesterfield , as the rock scene seems to be bigger there for some reason. anyway, if you want a night of live expolsive music this wed this is an option.

Archived