Is this rumour about Morrisons Fuel, or fact?

I'm sorry, but I'll believe that there is an issue when I see some genuine proof that a) this fuel does indeed break the british standard in the described manner, b) that there is a proven detriment to engines from this breach of the standards and c) that this hoohaa about engines not running properly was not stirred up by some fuel snob or competitor.

I've never noticed a difference between supermarket fuel (of any sort) and garage fuel (of any sort). There was a difference between ordinary unleaded and premium unleaded on performance when using a performance bike, but other than that I think most of the perceived difference is down to fuel snobs (if I'm spending less on it, it must be cheaper in quality rather than lower price by choice of the retailer).

This is my feeling too - I've never had a problem with supermarket fuel - the rumours will have been started by the fat cats BP and Shell.

I've used Morrisons diesel for a couple of years, no problems running or with emissions at MOT time, and get excellent MPG.

My dad and brothers all use the one at Catcliffe and have done for years with numerous cars. Again, no problems.

My local branch also has separate biodiesel pumps, although the price is the same so I've not tried it.

I did a bit of research and found that both types of diesel would be on offer when it is available, the standard 5% biodiesel content and the B30.

The quote I read said

" A number of outlets, including supermarket chain Morrisons, have begun providing the fuel, which is a blend of 70% per cent fossil fuel and 30% biodiesel. Normal, diesel only contains up to 5% biodiesel content.

It is quite easy to identify on garage forecourts, as the B30 biodiesel nozzle is usually located next to the normal diesel nozzle and is usually orange, whereas the normal diesel nozzle is black."

https://www.tuskerdirect.com/cgi-bin/view_article.cgi?artc_id=5685

If you don't want the B30 use the black nozzle pump

I'm sorry, but I'll believe that there is an issue when I see some genuine proof that a) this fuel does indeed break the british standard in the described manner, b) that there is a proven detriment to engines from this breach of the standards
British Standards can be a bit misleading as many of them are only codes of practice and don't have to be adhered to. I don't know if this applies to petrol/diesel and so even, if Morrisons fuel doesn't meet the relevant BS, it doesn't necessarily mean they are in breach of anything.

British Standards can be a bit misleading as many of them are only codes of practice and don't have to be adhered to. I don't know if this applies to petrol/diesel and so even, if Morrisons fuel doesn't meet the relevant BS, it doesn't necessarily mean they are in breach of anything.

It certainly would be illegal if they did not remove the kitemark. It's a fraud to not meet a standard and yet still display it.

In certain fields, it is a legal requirement to meet the British Standard, but whether petrol/diesel is one such I would not know.

I previously had a Vectra, which suffered an intermittent misfire whenever I used Morrisons petrol. With any other brand, it didn't happen. This is a fact. I wouldn't touch their petrol with a barge pole. It's not even cheaper than Shell/BP etc.

It certainly would be illegal if they did not remove the kitemark. It's a fraud to not meet a standard and yet still display it.
The OP states the BS mark is no longer displayed.

In certain fields, it is a legal requirement to meet the British Standard, but whether petrol/diesel is one such I would not know.

I think thats sort of what I said. :hihi:

Shocking that none of your are finding an alternative to your cars.

Whats needed is a protest.

Don;t be suprised if you find a bunch of students wearing bras having a sit down protest near you. We have people willing to pay/sponsor us

Last weeks sit down protest in Endcliffe park was a great success.

A similar story did the rounds a few years ago. I think it died a death when it turned out that the tankers delivering one brand of fuel also delivered to a different "brand" of fuel station with the same load on the same run...

Archived