Is this rumour about Morrisons Fuel, or fact?

The Morrisons petrol is supplied, (as is sainsburys and Asda in our area) direct from Imingham refinery, it is exactly the same as Jet fuel, which is the main owner of the refinery, so all the supermarket fuels in the South Yorkshire area and Humberside is standard Jet fuel supplied in tankers with the apropriate supermarket logo on it.

Shell and esso are also drawn from this stock, but have an additave put in at the depot.

And thats the difference between super market fuel and the others "the additives that goes into the fuel

I've used Morrisons diesel for a couple of years, no problems running or with emissions at MOT time, and get excellent MPG.

My dad and brothers all use the one at Catcliffe and have done for years with numerous cars. Again, no problems.

My local branch also has separate biodiesel pumps, although the price is the same so I've not tried it.

I doubt that you will notice the difference, because there won't be any.

Morrisons, Sainsbury, and Tesco don't make petrol. They buy it on the spot market. It is exactly the same fuel you buy from the oil company sites.

Every so often someone starts a rumour like this. It is usually someone who owns a filling station and can't compete with the local supermarket.

You might also be interested to know that the Bells Whisky available at Morrisons is exactly the same as available from other outlets. This is because Morrisons do not make whisky either.

I doubt that you will notice the difference, because there won't be any.

Morrisons, Sainsbury, and Tesco don't make petrol. They buy it on the spot market. It is exactly the same fuel you buy from the oil company sites.

Every so often someone starts a rumour like this. It is usually someone who owns a filling station and can't compete with the local supermarket.

You might also be interested to know that the Bells Whisky available at Morrisons is exactly the same as available from other outlets. This is because Morrisons do not make whisky either.

are you forgetting what they do to it after they have bought it, very important

are you forgetting what they do to it after they have bought it, very important

This is very true. They pay the refineries to deliver it to their petrol stations, have it put in the tanks and sell it through their petrol pumps.

I just love the idea that supermarkets will buy petrol and then go out of their way to make it worse.:loopy::loopy:

This is very true. They pay the refineries to deliver it to their petrol stations, have it put in the tanks and sell it through their petrol pumps.

I just love the idea that supermarkets will buy petrol and then go out of their way to make it worse.:loopy::loopy:

You have missed the point, all fuel is the same when it has been refined at that stage it wants tweaking to make it better what i am saying is, BP and Shell and others do more tweaking to make it better than super markets do to there fuel, its not so long ago "couple of years" that a guy from Morrisons was on the television to say just that but he did assure every body that it was perfectly safe to use and it would not harm your vehicle

You have missed the point, all fuel is the same when it has been refined at that stage it wants tweaking to make it better what i am saying is, BP and Shell and others do more tweaking to make it better than super markets do to there fuel, its not so long ago "couple of years" that a guy from Morrisons was on the television to say just that but he did assure every body that it was perfectly safe to use and it would not harm your vehicle

I am not missing any point. Why would a supermarket choose to sell inferior petrol? They are under less competitive pressure than oil company owned sites that need to make a profit whilst still remaining competitive with surrounding retailers.

Shell can't subsidise their petol by selling frozen chickens.

I would love to see anyone post any reputable source to say otherwise.

I've put fuel in my car from any number of different places, Morrisons, BP, Tesco, Shell, Total, etc to name but a few, and I've noticed absolutley no difference in performance whatsoever. The amount of junk you carry in your boot probably makes a bigger difference. I wonder if there is a bit of a "placeabo" effect with the dearer fuels?

Could this be the reason why my car all of a sudden is struggling for power i have been recently filling up my car at morrisons at halfway because the other petrol stations near me are an absolute rip off.:mad:

Could this be the reason why my car all of a sudden is struggling for power i have been recently filling up my car at morrisons at halfway because the other petrol stations near me are an absolute rip off.:mad:

Yeh they have clearley bulked the petrol out with water!!! There is nothing wrong with supermarket fuel.

On a side note, I recentley changed to tesco for my utilities and since then my pc has not been running as fast, I heard that their 'leccy' is not at the same quality as BG and Npower? Something about less volts to make it cheaper? is this true? :hihi:

Im not saying there is it's just abit of a coincidence that a few forumers have had the same problems as im having now with my car it keeps Jerking in lower gears and loses power which is too much of a coincidence don't you think.

Archived