Car Insurance

It depends on your situation for example being young i found norwich union the cheapest but i know its not the cheapest when youre a bit older and have lots of no claim years. Its best off to get loads of quotes on the web from all the companies out there even the ones youve never heard of and sometimes buying online gets you a discount too.

It varies on so many things. I have had people tell me a company that they got a cheap quote from for a simiar car/circumstances and when I tried them I got a expensive quote. I recently tried confused.com. They search lots of different companies for quotes. I was impressed. I saved myself over £200 on my renewal quote.

I found Churchill rubbish. I think it is owned by one big insurer that trades under dozens of different names.

The best three I found for my renewal this year were Lloyds TSB insurance, AA and Eagle Star. The latter, was my insurer last year as well.

My quote with Churchill was £600. My quote with Lloyds TSB (a broker) got me a price of £338 - WITH CHURCHILL!!!!

I think some of these insurance companies do not want your business. This must be the case with some of their extreme over the top quotes. They are basically not even trying to be competative. I had one insurer quote me £800+ and I eventually got my insurance for £320

Hal, depending on how old you are (I've forgotten) there might be cheaper options available ;)

(Not being cheeky - just helpful!)

~~~

Originally posted by Lickszz

I recently tried confused.com. They search lots of different companies for quotes. I was impressed. I saved myself over £200 on my renewal quote.

Lickszz you're not the guy in the ad are you? :o

Age Concern is very good for over 50's and I got the best deal with AXA but it was through RAC insurance online.

When I went to AXA direct, they quoted me an extra £300 for the same vehicle and insurance :o

RAC gave the best deal for my better half too.

Give em a whirl!

My car exploded on the weekend (boohoo..) and we went to look at (and found) another. The car dealership suggested looking at Tesco.com, as they are consistently very cheap. But it's probly worth trying CIS too - Co-operative Insurance - cos I've heard excellent things about them.

Archived