Best bars to visit on a nightout

JaMoUsE

Hi all, coming down from newcastle and visiting sheffield at the end of a month for a night out with my mates. All around 22-25 and none have us been to sheffield before so dont have a clue which bars to visit. Looking for some good bars that will be quite busy and not full of charvers(chavs/townies). We have a revolution in newcastle which is quite nice and one of our more trendy bars, is yours worth a visit? So if anyone could recommend somewhere that will be good id be grateful. We like pretty much chart music nothing to rocky or dancey just run of the mill stuff. Also if you could recommend a nightclub to visit that'd be a great help.

Were staying at the jurys inn on Eyre street so somewhere good nearby or if you could just let us know where the main decent bars are.

Thanks in advance

West Street/Division Street are the busiest parts of town.

West Street from town end upwards has the following;

At the bottom of West Street there is Leopold Sqaure - nice little sqaure wth some good restaurants and bars including Popolos which originated from newcastle.

Carrying on up West Street there is Static, Westways, Reflex, The Bedroom - I would avoid these bars.

Cut down onto Carver street for Ruby Lounge and Crystal Bar - Bit chavy but trying to be classy

Back onto West Street for Walkabout - standard chain

Lava Lounge - not my cup of tea and never that busy

Cut onto Rockingham Street for Soyo bar - new cool looking bar

Back onto West Street for Muse - cool little bar with good cocktails

Across the road and just up past Creator (hairdresser) for Bai Hoi -Thai style bar

Back onto West Street for Cavendish - Yellow Card/Scream chain

Up Regent Terrace for cocktails at Ivory bar

Back onto West Street for Lounge bar - small but cool

Across the Road for Varsity then round the corner to West One complex (Fitzwilliam Street) where there is a Revolution bar - which is standard.

Cross the road for Bowery - owned by one of the arctic monkey dudes (i think). You're now on Devonshire Street which leads onto Division Street.

Carry on past Devonshire Green to the Green Room - pub rather than a bar.

Walk onto Division Street and cross the road for the Forum - which is a cool bar.

Upstairs to Common Room - popular bar with lots of pool tables etc.

Downstairs and further along Division Street to The Old House - BUSY bar with nice cocktails/wines

Further along and across the road in Frog and Parrot which ahs recently been renovated and is very smart looking, whilst still trying to be a 'pub'.

Across the road and further up Division Street to Olive bar

Across the road again is Bungalows & Bears

Further along Division Street is Lloyds Bar.

I could carry on, but somehow I don't think you'll be able to!!

Most of the bars have got websites - google them. Or just search for them on here.

Have a great night!!!

Sorry for the overuse of the 'descriptive' word cool!

haha thanks alot for your reply it must have taken ages to write!

Yeah i think west street sounds the best bet and i have been to popollos in newcastle so know the one you mean.

I read somewhere theres a players bar which is also a clone of the newcastle one, is it rough?

Will the doorman be funny about letting a large group of lads in?

And is embrace our best bet for clubbing were looking for just a generic club with isnt empty?

Thanks againnn

Oh aye - there's Players too - that's on West Street - just before Muse bar and after the cut down to Rockingham Street to Soyo. Never been in - again not my thing. There are always bouncers on the doors - but it's a 'lads' bar isn't it? So they can't be too funny about letting you in. Maybe if there are loads of you, you should break the group up a bit for each bar.

No idea about clubs to be honest - i prefer late bars. No doubt someone will pipe up with suggestions.

Archived