Nightclub near chesterfield rd

a nightclub in Heeley? :cool: When was this? what year I mean? I can't think where there would have been room for one between Heeley Bottom and Woodseats Bottom?

Although, I vaguely remember when I was a kid there was the Sunrise [?) Club in the old station building where the car spares is now ... but that wasn't exactly a night club, i don't think....

In the row of houses just past the quarry were Homebase is, One of these was a blues club and I can remember seeing several BMW's parked up there and being slightly worried especially if the door happened to open as I came past in the early hours

There was also a "blues" club on the other side of the road just up from where Readmans and Matalan are now. It was called Chatoos and was a prefab up at the top of a garden of a very normal looking semi-detached. It was like the Tardis inside, with a bar selling cans of Red Stripe, and a dance floor! The atmosphere was quite intimidating for non regulars, but very exciting cause we were doing something naughty! even taxi drivers knew where to drop you if you were cagey about where you were going, cause in those days there was no reason for anyone to want to go there apart from to the blues club.

Guest teebee

Chatoos, now that brings back some memories, out of the Red Lion at closing time, and off up Chesterfield Road, sometimes stop off at the everest for a curry, then on to Chatoos, them were the days...

Originally posted by ellesbelles

At the junction of Broadfield Road and Chesterfield Road was the Highway 61. I think it was above what is now the Italian restaurant and bed shop.

We're talking about 1968/9

Correction on mine I thought it was Route 66 but no terryh is looking for somewhere else further up Chesterfield road.

Archived