Owing to a technical hitch...A Question of political identity

Hopman

Owing to a technical hitch…

TRANSLATION: Mantaspook pressed the wrong button :rolleyes: - sorry about that once again, Hopman.

I liked this story, it's quite funny and I only realised towards the end who the mysterious man was. Doh! I think I need more coffee…

There are some good topical jokes in there but my favourite section was when he tried to phone the office and the TV kept changing channels. :hihi:

Glad to see you opted for subtlety, I would have gone for the obvious 'Blackadder' joke when the chancellor phones "Oh Hello Darling….No I haven't seen your calculator…can't you borrow Peters?...what do you mean 'he won't play?' "etc.

Or the waiter greeting Lionel Blair and 'Broon' diving under the table.

Or the waiter offering him a sherry (Cherie) prior to been turned into a pillar of salt.

With a bit of polishing, perhaps making the policeman's tone more 'official', I could imagine reading something like this in the police review magazine.

Very enjoyable.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice one Hopman, I like the innuendos, it keeps the old grey matter active, :confused:. I think the only line I would change is...

If all that copro should fall into the wrong hands, and the press get their teeth into it, why, there’ll be a lot of people with egg on their faces.”

To...

If all that copro should fall into the wrong hands, and the press get their teeth into it, then the s*** will hit the fan.

Great stuff. :thumbsup:

If all that copro should fall into the wrong hands, and the press get their teeth into it, why, there’ll be a lot of people with egg on their faces.”

To...

If all that copro should fall into the wrong hands, and the press get their teeth into it, then the s*** will hit the fan.

Thank you for your comments.

The idea of the "egg on face" was to continue the references to body parts (hands..teeth...faces) and reinforce the previous references. I am sure there is a technical term for this triplet technique.

Archived