Piercings. What have you and why?

I love my piercings, I currently have my tragus, 2 x 14mm tunnles and a beautiful septum piercing - soon a standard nose piercing aswell.

I think people deifinitely seem less wierded out by people with piercings now - i think it's fantastic :]

I have 1 ear pierced twice, the other ear 3 times, my nose and my eyebrow. I've more or less stopped wearing my eyebrow ring/stud - took it out for work one day and never got round to putting it back. I don't wear anything in my nose at work but do at home. Is there a time in your life when you are too old to wear facial piercings and how do you know if you're at that point?

Is there a time in your life when you are too old to wear facial piercings and how do you know if you're at that point?

I don't think there's such a thing as "too old" for piercings. I know quite a few folks of retirement age with facial piercings, and I suspect as the younger crowd ages, it will be more and more common.

I've got, lobes pierced, navel pierced and a helix piercing. May get more done around the helix and have an tragus piercing and a rook piercing. Then when I'm 18, I want my nose doing (I know I can get it done now at 17, but my parents don't approve, so I'll get it done when I no longer need to (legally) listen to them. xD And I also want my right ear stretched, but no bigger than 12mm. And I want a Monroe piercing... Maybe.

Sorry folk, whats a mu conch, a Madonna, a Monroe, helix and rook piercing? And can I also ask the people who have those massive earlobe stretch piercings, what happens to the huge holes when you grow older and decide to take them out as you don't want them anymore? Would you need to stitch them up? I can't help but think they would look like the people that you see on the 'Tribe' program. My daughter has several piercings, some i'm not happy with as I don't think the piercer should have done them with her being 15 whilst having some, then 16 for others.

And can I also ask the people who have those massive earlobe stretch piercings, what happens to the huge holes when you grow older and decide to take them out as you don't want them anymore? Would you need to stitch them up? I can't help but think they would look like the people that you see on the 'Tribe' program.

If someone decides to take them out, what happens to the hole varies with different ears- some shrink down to also nothing, others don't.

I imagine if the hole is 5mm or less, it'd shrink down, if it's 20mm, they probably wouldn't.

My right ear was once stretched up to 15mm and that shrunk down to almost nothing when I took the tunnel out- it's now a hole again as I recently out jewerly in it.

Archived