Pop Tarts Sheffield Students Union..a Review

Originally posted by robbie

Ah, its nice to see somethings never change :D

Personally, I disagree on some points....

I think students HAVE changed. We used to go to the student union on a Friday night for years... and students (at least) knew how to be proper students then - DM's, baggy clothes, a bit scruffy, listening to The Cure and The Smiths etc...

You go now and you can't tell the difference between students and "townies"!! All perfectly groomed and polished and (as the person who was reviewing says) listening to Kylie and Chesney Hawkes!

Bring back "proper" students, that's what I say. To me, they've changed beyond all recognition and not for the better.

Originally posted by BoroughGal

Bring back "proper" students, that's what I say. To me, they've changed beyond all recognition and not for the better.

How old do you sound Boroughgal... yer starting to develop Feargal-style rants! :D

Originally posted by goldenfleece

But where do you go from OFFBEAT to escape the noisy Off-beaters?

Hopefully it won't happen, otherwise I'd have to just cower in the corner :P

At Offbeat you have to queue up for half an hour before the start if you want to be sure of getting in, so the casual drunken student can't just wander in, spill beer and start fights :thumbsup:

And people say that queues are only a bad thing...

Ive never personally liked offbeat, I only went once and I felt like I'd worn totally the wrong clothes and people were staring at me :(

BoroughGal you need a night out with us pet, we will show you what proper students are made of!

I assume at OFFBEAT it is devoid of short sleeved shirted chavs projectile vomiting their 20 pints of STella? No girlies in denim skirts, white high heeled shoes, knocking back the Smirnoff Ice and waving an ENORMOUS shiny white vinyl (fake leather) handbag? No chavs chanting "get your ***** out for the lads"?

Originally posted by kathythebean

BoroughGal you need a night out with us pet, we will show you what proper students are made of!

I can vouch for that.

Incidentally K, we need to go for drinks soon :) I feel all summery and want to sit in a beer garden sharpish.

Originally posted by BoroughGal

Personally, I disagree on some points....

I think students HAVE changed. We used to go to the student union on a Friday night for years... and students (at least) knew how to be proper students then - DM's, baggy clothes, a bit scruffy, listening to The Cure and The Smiths etc...

You go now and you can't tell the difference between students and "townies"!! All perfectly groomed and polished and (as the person who was reviewing says) listening to Kylie and Chesney Hawkes!

I sort of agree with what you are saying. However, ion a night like poptarts its always been the same.

Archived