Best sheffield has to offer

Snakey_B

Not quite going out but i'll stick it in here.

Got a mate coming to visit ny ever been to sheffield ,what in you opinion should i show him of our fair city ??

Im thinking Milliemium galleries ,winter gardens ,peace gardens , botanical gardens ,chatsworth and a bit of the peak district(i know it isnt sheffield but well worth a visit/drive out that direction),weston park musuem area.

Help me out ? What the tudor house like near norton ?

Any hidden gems ive forgotten ,dont know about. Cheers people

You seem to have it all covered in your OP. With regard to the Bishops' House at the top of Meersbrook Park, it's quite interesting but it's quite small and you can get round it in a very short space of time and then there's really nothing else in the area, other than a stroll in the park. There's also the Graves art gallery above the Central Library. The Carbrook Hall pub down near the Arena is an antique gem with some wonderful carved wood panelingi, fireplaces and ceilings and the added benefit that you can get a meal and a drink at the same time :).

A lot of what we South Sheffielders think of as local attractions are actually in Derbyshire anyway. Drive out via the Surprise View, drop in at Hathersage, call at Bakewell and get a tart, Hardwick Hall is another Derbyshire gem, Toad's Mouth rocks,. Monsal Dale, Padley Gorge. Matlock Bath is always a treat and you can go up on the ski cars.

Hope you have a good weekend with your friends.

Not quite going out but i'll stick it in here.

Got a mate coming to visit ny ever been to sheffield ,what in you opinion should i show him of our fair city ??

Im thinking Milliemium galleries ,winter gardens ,peace gardens , botanical gardens ,chatsworth and a bit of the peak district(i know it isnt sheffield but well worth a visit/drive out that direction),weston park musuem area.

Help me out ? What the tudor house like near norton ?

Any hidden gems ive forgotten ,dont know about. Cheers people

hi there! if your thinking of taking your friend out for a meal why not try our 4-5 star establishment? (cafe by day restaurant by night) we sell fish vegi and vegan food.

we are at 53 chesterfield rd 0114 2557797.

hope to see you around.

ps. we've been told we remind ppl of places in Vancouver Canada !!:D

Archived