Setting up a small removals business

i have been doing removals/deliveries for about four years now, and up until a few months ago, things were booming. Since then it's gone right down hill. Work is drying up because of a massive fall off in the sale of furniture and the slowness in the housing market. On top of this, there are about three times more men and vans in sheffield as there were a few months ago, because a lot of people who already used vans for the building trade and other industries which have suffered, are now setting up in removals. Some of these people are working for peanuts, and it's getting increasingly difficult to get a good price. On top of all this the van rental bussiness is booming, because a lot more people are going for that option to save themselves a bit of money.

i do understand, but keep your head up,things are starting to come back, we are now the largest mover in sheffield and our business is picking up, i think it will still be a long timr before people start spending in retail, but the more moves you do right the more your reputation will travel, keep your prices up and dont compeat wth the monkeys working for peanuts, if there is any advce you need give me a call nigel 07801134191

• 13 years later...