Hui Wei, West St/Glossop Rd

Sara1312

Hui Wei is full of English people . . .

Noodle Inn is full of Chinese . . .

says it all.

Dont agree. Good food is not the only thing that takes the Chinese to Noodle Inn. Its a community thing and they are given free tea and soup etc. Plus Noodle Inn staff and customers can be rude to the english. I dont believe you have eaten in Hui Wei tbh if you think Noodle Inn serves better food. There is no comparison

Dont agree. Good food is not the only thing that takes the Chinese to Noodle Inn. Its a community thing and they are given free tea and soup etc. Plus Noodle Inn staff and customers can be rude to the english. I dont believe you have eaten in Hui Wei tbh if you think Noodle Inn serves better food. There is no comparison

I visited Hui Wei when it first opened and wasn't impressed but I think it's probably changed since then . . . new chef? after reading this thread, I'll give it another go.

Why do you think Noodle Inn has gone downhill? I've been going most weeks for a couple of years now and never noticed any changes.

Soon to have Live Piano Music too! ;) Beat that for a Romantic Night out then! :love:

Piano now installed & fully functional, tunes on request or if you like play your own piece to that someone special that's dining with you? :idea: = :love: = :thumbsup:

Noodle Inn has gone down hill. It used to be great but recently I have found the food and service very poor. The rude attitude toward us 'long noses' is no fun and I never agreed with the free tea for chinese customers policy. What really annoyed me at my last visit was that we ordered bbq ribs with our starter and were brought honey or mustard ones, some that we didnt like anyway. We were 100% sure that we had asked right in the first place and the waitress read our order back before taking it to the kitchen. When we refused the wrong starter she went to the kitchen, then came back with them and insisted they were what we ordered. She did this twice and then she was rude throughout service after we got our proper order. I got the feeling this mistake was going to cause her some trouble, and even had we not been right I was annoyed that it was a case of 'you will get what you are given' rather than the customer is always right.

Hui Wei is my new favourite chinese. And I am gutted about Noodle Inn. It has been a regular of mine for years - but basically Hui Wei seems to get better and better and the quality and service at Noodle Inn worse and worse

Hui Wei is my new favourite chinese. And I am gutted about Noodle Inn. It has been a regular of mine for years - but basically Hui Wei seems to get better and better and the quality and service at Noodle Inn worse and worse

well said! :hihi:

Noodle Inn has gone down hill. It used to be great but recently I have found the food and service very poor. The rude attitude toward us 'long noses' is no fun and I never agreed with the free tea for chinese customers policy. What really annoyed me at my last visit was that we ordered bbq ribs with our starter and were brought honey or mustard ones, some that we didnt like anyway. We were 100% sure that we had asked right in the first place and the waitress read our order back before taking it to the kitchen. When we refused the wrong starter she went to the kitchen, then came back with them and insisted they were what we ordered. She did this twice and then she was rude throughout service after we got our proper order. I got the feeling this mistake was going to cause her some trouble, and even had we not been right I was annoyed that it was a case of 'you will get what you are given' rather than the customer is always right.

As a chinese myself, I agree that some of the waitresses can act rude. Mostly the food is okay but once we went there and the duck had gone off. We had asked for a discount and they said that they could knock off 10% off the meal. however, since this was only something 50p we had to do a lot of prompting to see what else they could do.. There are better restaurants in Sheffield, has anyone tried Wong Ting? Its one of my favourites..

Archived