Swollen feet and ankles

i have been having problems with my feet for a few months now, but today they are very bad.

it started with a bit of swelling under my foot, and when i walked it felt like there was a bubble in my foot! it went after a few days, and the doctor just said it was one of those things.

went to the 'foot' doc today, because my feet have been itchy and i have a lump on the side of one of them, and he just said it was due to hard skin, and ill fitting shoes.

i got home, and the sole of my right foot became itchy, then swollen, now both feet have swelled up and were incredibly itchy. my ankles have also become swollen and it hurts if i walk, they are sore, and the areas that are hard and swollen are also very hot.

I rang the doc for some advice, and she said it wasnt an emergency, and to just come in the morning.

so here i am, stuck in bed, with sore swollen lumpy feet and ankles and have not clue what to do.

i am not over weight, and i do have to stay on my feet at work, but i couldnt go into work tonight because of this and i am worried about it.

i would love any advice :D

Get some cold water on them, soak them for a while, then sit with your feet up as high as is comfortable. I get this when I've been on a long flight. Horrible!

Have u got a water infection, sometimes this can cause ankles to swell, if not blood pressure??? lay on the sofa or bedan elevate your legs about hip height, id try some piriton just incase you are having a reactin to something, u never know :)

thanks for the comments and advice, and for reminding me that i will die soon!!

well, my feet are still swollen. I went to the docs this morning, and he has suggested i go for an x ray tomorrow, and have loads of blood tests on monday. he says he thinks it could be rheumatoid arthritis.

This afternoon, one of my fingers swelled up. now all of my left hands fingers are swollen, and my right hand feels tight and i think it may swell too, so i am going to the docs again tonight. My kidneys are also hurting.

I am worried, as i am not sure if it is arthritis, kidney infection or something worse. I just hope nothing else swells up tonight, as my feet are still swollen, especially my toes.

Hiya jojomarmite,

Firstly i would really like to say sorry for my flipant comment (it wasn't called for) and also to say i am really sad to hear that you have got to have blood tests done, hopefully this swelling and soreness will be some sort of virus that will run its course then you will get yourself back to normal. I myself have got RH and believe me its not nice, to say the least. Good luck and try not to worry too much (easier said than done) and above all else you must try to stay possitive, all the best from thatsme

Get two buckets - one with icy water (literally filled with ice) and one warm, and keep dunking them from one to the other.

Its absolutely horrible, but it really does work. It gets your circulation going, and its honestly the only thing that sorted out my swollen leg last year (they said it would always be swollen, but can't even tell now!)

Archived