FAO Bar and nightclubs

Paul2412

This is quite a crowded marketplace already, there are lots of companies which have started up over the last ~7 years specifically to do this, and lots more who have moved into it as an add on to other services.

Have a look on the exibitors list at Bar Show: http://www.barshow.co.uk for some of the companies who do this (Powertext aren't on there, but they have been there before).

To get into the business will take more than undercutting the other companies - most run on very small margins due to the competition, and make their money by selling additional services / support rather than just sending messages.

Having previously worked in the nightclub industry for 7 years it is common for a medium sized venue to have an SMS database with 5000+ numbers. My own SMS database contained approximately 2000 numbers and I used one of the above services for my SMS marketing needs.

Just out of interest, did you have any way of gauging the success? I’ve used this method before, to no noticeable effect. But, that could be down to any number of reasons...

Just out of interest, did you have any way of gauging the success? I’ve used this method before, to no noticeable effect. But, that could be down to any number of reasons...

leadmill send (or they used to) m-tickets to your phone to get a discount upon entry, and even a free beer on occasions. surely easy enough to record how many people have entered using this method?

Not sure if my post's welcomed but as a receiver of such texts it'd be lovely to have a stop option on them, I'm fed up of getting Leadmill texts about crappy nights, when I'm not even sure how I got put on database in the first place! I don't even know if I'm being charged for receiving such rubbish either :(

leadmill send (or they used to) m-tickets to your phone to get a discount upon entry, and even a free beer on occasions. surely easy enough to record how many people have entered using this method?

I'm not talking about discounted entry from texts (just a case of ticking off a list when people come through the door), I'm more interested in whether he had any noticeable success from the general marketing sent by sms.

I'm not talking about discounted entry from texts (just a case of ticking off a list when people come through the door), I'm more interested in whether he had any noticeable success from the general marketing sent by sms.

for a club or a bar?

The only real way of judging the success of the sms was by sending out a discount entry offer with it. We normally got a 3-5% return rate.

The only real way of judging the success of the sms was by sending out a discount entry offer with it. We normally got a 3-5% return rate.

that low? thats shocking, i would have thought it would have been a lot higher. i remember times at leadmill where there was a larger queue for people with mobile tickets than there were in the regular paying queue. it was common knowledge at the time.

maybe that was slightly different as it was "text for discounted entry"? i have always thought these schemes are far more successful than "cold texting". plug, crystal and others do this.

Archived