Research finds no bias towards migrants for council housing

The proof is already there in the report, just that some can't open their eyes.

"•The Borders Agency is using empty social housing to accommodate asylum seekers temporarily, which may be fuelling the idea that they are ‘queue jumping’"

How can there be empty social housing with a queue a mile long?,

answer, It's reserved.

Statistics can prove anything and prove nothing - depending on who's compiling them.

So where are the reports demonstrating the opposite to cast doubt on this one?

Your argument appears to boil down to "It doesn't agree with my point of view so I'm going to dismiss it as invalid".

Statistics can prove anything and prove nothing - depending on who's compiling them.

To say you don't agree or you don't believe in the stats, you must have something to show.

Something to have that opinion.

Well, you'd reveal it here to stand with your argument. I'm curious but not holding my breath.

Odd isn't it - only twenty something posts on a thread about immigration and housing, and none of the usual suspects to be seen anywhere. I guess there's nowt so dull as the truth, eh?

I wouldn't call it the truth. Statistics and reports show what they want them to show..

Guest sibon

Someone's collective cage has been rattled hasn't it. This thread has been around for days waiting for the BNP voice of reason posters to turn up. Then suddenly, they all turn up pitchforks in hand, within minutes of each other. Did someone give an order to you lot, or is it just an extraordinary coincidence?

Do you know how many UK born people who have been/become eligibile for social housing in the last 5 years have been housed in or live in social housing?

The question is is disingenuous. The Prime Minister and the Queen are technically eligible for social housing. It would be incredibly difficult to justify it being granted to them, however, due to residual income.

There are a great number of people who could have been eligible for social housing, who did not take the opportunity. I have been eligible for social housing help, and have been able to find housing elsewhere, for example.

You try telling that to the average unemployed chav or white trailer trash on the mannor estate.

Who are still living in council housing, with a roof above them. I have done umpteen times. The point is that they have a roof, others don't, and that when someone is statutorily homeless, everyone is treated the same.

Doesn't take much to pull the wool over your eyes does it - who conducted the research?

Statistics can prove anything and prove nothing - depending on who's compiling them. Stating who's living in social housing doesn't indicate, one way or the other, whether councils, such as Sheffield's, give priority to immigrants or asylum seekers which is what this research was meant to be about.

And it has been demonstrably proven that immigrants are not given priority to permanent social housing.

The proof is already there in the report, just that some can't open their eyes.

"•The Borders Agency is using empty social housing to accommodate asylum seekers temporarily, which may be fuelling the idea that they are ‘queue jumping’"

How can there be empty social housing with a queue a mile long?,

answer, It's reserved.

Retep, can you just re-read it. Think about the words temporarily, may be .......

In other words, exactly as was said on the other thread, some social housing which is extremely undesireable could be used as temporary accommodation for those who cannot work, have no recourse to public funds, and don't even know where they're likely to be in the country, and living in overcrowded conditions.

Now hands up all those on the waiting list who have been clamouring for these properties? That's a question for you.

As if properly conducted, academic research ever proved anything. The girlfriend of a friend of my friend's sister has been on the list for ages. She can't get a house because of all those Somalians in Dore. You can produce all the so-called evidence that you like... I KNOW THE TRUTH.

:)

Indeed.

The liberal left already knew this and the right will ignore it because one immigrant with a roof over their head is one too many. Perhaps that's why not many people really care about this report.

Archived