Loch Fyne update!

mossdog

For heaven's sake, has no-one seen the recent film about how fish are vanishing from the oceans called "The End Of The Line"? We shouldn't even be eating fish at all, unless it's from a renewable source!

From the Loch Fyne website

"We have a long and fascinating history and were one of the first businesses to place the emphasis on sourcing sustainable seafood (responsibly farmed or from healthy wild stocks) for our shops and restaurants."

For heaven's sake, has no-one seen the recent film about how fish are vanishing from the oceans called "The End Of The Line"? We shouldn't even be eating fish at all, unless it's from a renewable source!

I love pointless hippies, they make me feel superior

WHY?..............we have eaten fish and chips in Rick Steins at Padstow on numerous occasions! absolutely to die for at £14 a head.If they can't get a simple great British dish like fish and chips right I don't think we will be trying the more expensive items on the menu at Loch Fyne.....................Gordon Ramsay tells his trainee chefs to cook him an omlete! what could be simpler,but apparently few pass the test.

Is that at his restaurant in Padstow on this side street, or at the much larger fish bar beside the car park.

i love fish, yes i am aware of the vanishing fish from our waters, but i aint gonna stop eating it.

Is that at his restaurant in Padstow on this side street, or at the much larger fish bar beside the car park.
Actually at the Seafood Restaurant!Where lobster is locally caught,not the Frozen Canadian stuff sold in Loch Fyne and lots of other eateries.............although cheaper,we were a little disapointed with his "chippie" beside the car park.Be interesting to hear your comments if you have eaten at either! Rick Steins on tele tonight in a new series for those interested(16th of July)........................I would like to know just how much food at Loch Fyne restaurants is scourced from the actual Loch Fyne in Scotland as advertised in the restaurants!...................come on tell us!

Actually at the Seafood Restaurant!Where lobster is locally caught,not the Frozen Canadian stuff sold in Loch Fyne and lots of other eateries.............although cheaper,we were a little disapointed with his "chippie" beside the car park.Be interesting to hear your comments if you have eaten at either! Rick Steins on tele tonight in a new series for those interested(16th of July)........................I would like to know just how much food at Loch Fyne restaurants is scourced from the actual Loch Fyne in Scotland as advertised in the restaurants!...................come on tell us!

Thanks for reply! Intend to sample at least the chippie this summer - will report back!:thumbsup:

Thanks for reply! Intend to sample at least the chippie this summer - will report back!:thumbsup:
I can recomend Rick Steins Seafood Restaurant in Padstow at lunchtime for fish and chips,great service,great atmosphere,and it won,t break the bank as night time can be expensive.(Also recomended) you can get a proper Gin and tonic,presented with your own glass bottle of tonic,not a Gin served in the wrong glass then topped up out of a plastic bottle nearly empty,of flat tonic water! as experienced in Loch Fyne Sheffield.

I went last week and had the take out fish and chips for £5.00. The service could have been a bit more organised, but the food was gorgeous. It arrived at the bar in large handled paper bag, inside was a closed long type burger carton with printed old fashioned newspaper underneath the food. Tartre sauce and mushy peas were also served in separate cartons along with a large Loch Fyne printed napkin. Went into botanical Gardens and had the best picnic had in a long time...wonderful:)

Archived