Bradfield Road car park (Hillsborough) - charges and "fines"

Don't give Morrisons any ideas, they allready charge for parking at their Barnsley town centre store, payment refundable if you shop there.

Personally, I can't see a problem with this.

I understood it was a condition of Morrisons opening at the Barracks that the top car park was to be used for general shopping in Hillsborough as well.

I must say that cameras and possible p&d at the one behind Farmfoods seems completely over the top for what is, after all, a car park in a tiny little suburb.

Just phoned Morrisons , the top car park is i repeat is the property of MORRISONS and is not a public car park and if so wished can stop you parking there.

Not true, it was part of the planning conditions, they can't stop you using it.

As I see it, (and I know there are other carparks) if this carpark begins charging, it could be the final nail in the coffin for Hillsborough, and quite defeating the point of trying to get folk to shop there :(

As I see it, (and I know there are other carparks) if this carpark begins charging, it could be the final nail in the coffin for Hillsborough, and quite defeating the point of trying to get folk to shop there :(

I agree. I use that car park - I call in Hillsborough on my way somewhere else. If I have to pay to park I will just continue my journey to 'somewhere else' and do my shopping there.

thatll be another nail in hillsboroughs coffin if the free car park is chargeable. its one of the only reasons i bother with the place

have to agree,it wont do hillsborough shops any favours,my hubby parks in this carpark when he picks me up from working in hillsborough,but i always nip into farmfoods and get a few bits,but if there going to charge i will be walking home