Bradfield Road car park (Hillsborough) - charges and "fines"

Clamping. There's no ignoring it if you can't drive it away.

The companies really should start with the clamping, not alot of people would know how to 'legally' get them off and would be faced with a long wait and a big fine for removal.

I'll correct you as you seem to think I am on about a law change!! What will happen is that the companies issuing the PCN's will start to win more court cases, this will then set a precident in court (no laws), then they will call up all the old PCN's that people were advised to ignore, take them to court and charge them x amount more for the court costs.

I really hope this happens as this would serve all the inconsiderate people a bit or karma.

Can you please stop going on about Court costs.

SMALL CLAIMS - NO COSTS!

That clear enough?

Clamping. There's no ignoring it if you can't drive it away.

And then you'd risk a claim against the clamping company, if they'd clamped unreasonably. I'm running one for someone at the moment.

I never said it did.

My point is that people shouldnt be intimidated by bullies and those above thier station

If they opened their eyes and parked where they were allowed then they would not be in that situation.

I know someone who came out of wickes and had one of these parking tickets after only being parked there 20 mins.

The car park said up to 2 hours but the ticket said the person had been seen leaving wickes car park and had not used the shop.

The person went back to the shop and told the wickes manager a mistake had been made and also proved a reciept of purchace.

The manager said the only way to appeal was to phone the number on the ticket.

The phone number is a premium rate number costing a fortune.

Even if you win the appeal they have had you round the corner with their PREMIUM RATE APPEALS NUMBER. They have got you both ways.

To finnish off the ticket and all following correspondence from this company has gone into the bin and no phone call was made to the rip off number.

Edited by alex3659

but they are not FINES.

When will people begin to realise that.

If you use the word fine everyone knows what you mean though. If you call it an invoice for parking or whatever they should be called it is bound to cause confusion.