Bradfield Road car park (Hillsborough) - charges and "fines"

Clamping. There's no ignoring it if you can't drive it away.

Please see my previous post on why firms will not start to clamp vehicles. I think it's probably on page 4 of this thread.

I don't understand this forum. ok I didn't explain that it was a dispute over whether the ticket was fairly issued- my dad didn't park there just to break the rules, he believed it to be for customers. But before I have the chance to even answer your first question your shooting me down in flames with another forummer. Well ok one on my chin from you. I hope your proud.

What you have to understand BethsMummy is threads like this present an irresistable opportunity for the more anal forummers to get on their high horse about something for the enlargement of their moral egos and further their relative poistion on their journey to sainthood.

If you use the word fine everyone knows what you mean though. If you call it an invoice for parking or whatever they should be called it is bound to cause confusion.

Sorry but using the term fine gives it some legallity.

Which is completely wrong.

Please see my previous post on why firms will not start to clamp vehicles. I think it's probably on page 4 of this thread.

I saw it.

But clamping answers the question of how a company should stop individuals parking beyond the permissions given. Customer relations might cause companies to reconsider, but parking 'fines' are hardly a benefit to customer relations are they.

Moosey, as long as the signs are prominent and the clamping firm registered I think it was difficult to get anywhere in court. And of course it puts the onus on the clamped to go to court rather than the ignored invoicing parking enforcement company. So probably preferable.

Meadowhall use it for parking in disabled bays.