Bradfield Road car park (Hillsborough) - charges and "fines"

our son had exactly the same thing done to him.just keep filing the letters under B for bin.They can't enforce the fine.

Unless you become one of the ones they want to make an example of, like others that have been taken to court and lost.

Retail Park deffo as I've had about 15 tickets from there when I used to go fishing on the canal at the back.

There's really no need to do a list. If your ticket is a Penalty Charge Notice issued by the Police or local council, then pay it (if you think it was legally issued)

Anything else just put in the bin!

Simple

John X

So you numpty you parked in a car park that is for customers of retail park and then went fishing, your car should have been towed away and crushed- preferably with you in it

Hate hearing stories like this.... Sad that such companies, people exist really.

Think id have been cutting that clamp off personally..

I have this theory (OK then, unsubstantiated guess) that you would be in your rights to fix a sticker to your wheels which says something like "Any clamps fixed to this wheel may be removed by means of an angle grinder. Any damage to the clamp will be the responsibility of the person who fitted it." If they then fit a clamp, you would be perfectly in your rights to remove it, as they have entered into a contract allowing you to.

I should have been a lawyer. :D

Edit. Of course the only reason I've not done this myself is a totally rational fear of being hurt

Edited by Eater Sundae

I have this theory (OK then, unsubstantiated guess) that you would be in your rights to fix a sticker to your wheels which says something like "Any clamps fixed to this wheel may be removed by means of an angle grinder. Any damage to the clamp will be the responsibility of the person who fitted it." If they then fit a clamp, you would be perfectly in your rights to remove it, as they have entered into a contract allowing you to.

I should have been a lawyer. :D

Except that disclaimers aren't worth the paper they're written on legally. :)

I wish I was something else other than a lawyer. :)

Unless you become one of the ones they want to make an example of, like others that have been taken to court and lost.

Yeah ok. My girlfriend got a 'fine' from a PPC in Hillsborough, all the letters went in the bin and we never heard anything else.

Unenforceable rubbish and the PPC's know it.

But I thought that the clampers use the same principal - a sign saying that they would clamp you if you parked there.

It's technical and quite dull to be honest. (I love my job honest). A good example is a disclaimer saying "vicious dog lives here, come on my property and it'll bite you". That's as maybe, but if someone has to go on your property and gets bitten, your sign is actually quite helpful to them suing you. You can't really consent to injury as such, in the same way your sign would be expecting them to consent to damaging their property. It'd be like the council having a sign on the road saying "massive pothole here, car damage likely" - really not much of a defence (subject to contributory negligence before anyone adds it)

Law is so dull. :(

I have a real issue with clampers, and have a claim against one at the minute thats going to trial.