Bradfield Road car park (Hillsborough) - charges and "fines"

Gutted, my 'better half' got a fine from there after a night out a few weeks ago. He paid up straight away, wish I'd seen the posts from people saying they just threw the letters in the bin and got away with it! Oh well you live and learn!!

• 5 months later...

hi a friend of mine got a fine for parking here a month or so ago, she was suspicious about the fine and decided to egnore the letters she recieved, she has scince recieved letters threatening to send balliffs to her property and take goods if she does not pay the fine immediatley, after speaking to other people my friend was told to egnore them and they would go away and that the fine is not enforcable, my friend has scince recieved a telephone call from the company demanding payment or threatening to take her to court my friend basically told them where to go as she believes that the parking company are running some sort of a scam trying to scare people into paying, but she is now worried, will this go away or will they send balliffs or take her to court

no they wont take it to court based on experiences of so many people in sheffield, it is exactly as described, scare tactics. google the mansfield /excel case where it was thrown out. Bailifs are used as a threat, they cant send them round unless they win "reasonable" costs in court and you dont pay up, highly unlikely.

it will stop eventually, keep with it. keep us informed!

no they wont take it to court based on experiences of so many people in sheffield, it is exactly as described, scare tactics. google the mansfield /excel case where it was thrown out. Bailifs are used as a threat, they cant send them round unless they win "reasonable" costs in court and you dont pay up, highly unlikely.

it will stop eventually, keep with it. keep us informed!

thanks i will let her know

thanks i will let her know

Also, let her know that despite what these people will tell her, no one can send a bailiff unless a court has ordered it. She would have to get court papers first, fail to answer them or ignore them and ignore the judgment. None of these things will happen of course, but the point is, no one can just send a bailiff round without an order.

Also, let her know that despite what these people will tell her, no one can send a bailiff unless a court has ordered it. She would have to get court papers first, fail to answer them or ignore them and ignore the judgment. None of these things will happen of course, but the point is, no one can just send a bailiff round without an order.

exactly, they should be prosecuted for the tactics employed, blatant extortion imho

tell her not too worry i had exactly the same from this car park they phoned me and told me about the bailifs i said no problem let me know when its been to court and ill apply for it to be set asside

never heard anymore from them

thanks ive passed your messages on and they have put my friends mind at rest. she was contemplating paying up as she really didnt want to be taken to court as this would prove even more expensive,

how do they get away with this

Hi,

I also got the letter threatening bailiffs and court action but after ignoring them they've not been back to me for many months now. Threatening phone calls is really bad though - maybe a complaint is in order? The Law Society website explains how.

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandusing/redressscheme.law