Bradfield Road car park (Hillsborough) - charges and "fines"

If you park against the rules on a public highway or in a council car park, it will mean a court-enforced fine.

If you park against the rules in a private car park or on other private land, there's basically nothing the owner can do about it unless your own sense of morality kicks in.

Doers that mean i can park on someones drive and they can do nothing about it?

Of course it does. The rules on private land cover privately owned driveways as well as privately owned car parks.

Sorry I meant that morally you can't. But there would be a case for trespass.

I am not in favour of not paying for parking. I am all in favour of paying for parking where there is a charge.

What I object to is the speculative invoices AKA as "fines". And the methods that Private Parking Companies use to try and frighten people into paying these invoices.

That would be no case at all then unless you could prove that they caused damage...

If they parked on your drive there would be a case to answer if there was no permission given (unlike car parks which, by definition, have implied permission).