Bradfield Road car park (Hillsborough) - charges and "fines"

anyone who has paid these tickets i feel sorry for you but i got my own back i dint pay but i posted them 50 letters without a postage stamp and a smiley face on a blank piece of paper inside so they had to pay the postoffice £1.30 to get my letter see how they feel about paying for nothing

Hilarious :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Wait wait wait, so if my neighbour leaves a window open I can climb in and wander their house, stand in front of their tv and generally be about the place, and a court order would be needed to remove me?

This has potential...

well yes aslong as they aren't in at the time. i don't think you'd be too popular with your neighbour if you did that though:hihi: anyway not really what this thread is about so better leave it there:)

If they parked on your drive there would be a case to answer if there was no permission given (unlike car parks which, by definition, have implied permission).

The remedy in the civil case you could bring though is repayment for damage caused, so that would be a pointless case.

These companies are very unlikely to take people to court. In order to win they would have to prove who was driving the car at the time of the alleged offence. They would also have to show that there were adequate displays warning drivers of the fees.

My car received it's first ever ticket yesterday for being parked in an Asda car park while my family did the shopping in Asda. There were no notices at the entrance to the car park, and none that the driver would have seen before going into the store. After being told about the car-parking charges at the checkout, we did notice some warnings on the other side of the car park. As I am the registered keeper of the car, I presume I will get threatening letters from the company.

If they refer me to a debt-collection agency I believe this will have a negative impact on my credit rating. As I haven't committed any offence and haven't broken any contracts with Asda or the parking company would I be able to sue them if they cause a negative impact on my credit rating?

These companies are very unlikely to take people to court. In order to win they would have to prove who was driving the car at the time of the alleged offence. They would also have to show that there were adequate displays warning drivers of the fees.

My car received it's first ever ticket yesterday for being parked in an Asda car park while my family did the shopping in Asda. There were no notices at the entrance to the car park, and none that the driver would have seen before going into the store. After being told about the car-parking charges at the checkout, we did notice some warnings on the other side of the car park. As I am the registered keeper of the car, I presume I will get threatening letters from the company.

If they refer me to a debt-collection agency I believe this will have a negative impact on my credit rating. As I haven't committed any offence and haven't broken any contracts with Asda or the parking company would I be able to sue them if they cause a negative impact on my credit rating?

I don't get this, you say you was parked at a supermarket (ASDA in this case, which one btw?) and you got a parking ticket, is this a wind up or what?

The remedy in the civil case you could bring though is repayment for damage caused, so that would be a pointless case.

Which is the same for these "private parking enforcement scheme" by companies such as "Parking Eye", "Excel" etc.

I very much doubt that the credit ratings agencies would refer to the debt-collection companies that follow up these things. Nah, to affect your credit rating, they have to take you to court, win (which is highly unlikely), and then you fail to pay.

I don't get this, you say you was parked at a supermarket (ASDA in this case, which one btw?) and you got a parking ticket, is this a wind up or what?

We went to Sutton in Ashfield near Mansfield for the day and did some shopping at Asda. We learnt afterwards (as there were no warning displays on the parent+child side of the car park where we were parked) that they employ a company called Town and City Parking. We were only parked in the Asda car park for about 50 minutes. They say we owe them £60 but it will be reduced to £30 if we pay quickly. It annoys me that so many people are taken in by these companies who use illegal tactics to get as much money from people as possible.

I very much doubt that the credit ratings agencies would refer to the debt-collection companies that follow up these things. Nah, to affect your credit rating, they have to take you to court, win (which is highly unlikely), and then you fail to pay.

Has anyone ever tried prosecuting these companies for harassment? It would be good if someone could beat them at their own game!