Bradfield Road car park (Hillsborough) - charges and "fines"

drivers beware parking eye is still issuing 80 quid tickets at hillsborough and they have no legal right to do so. if you get one dont pay

A mate of mine got a fine for urinating in public and he refused to pay it, he nearly ended up in court.

So, after reading this, can any one give any clear, legal advice on these parking fines, as Meadowhall has a tendancy to issue these to anyone who isnt parked perfectly ( my neighbour just got a fine for her back n/s tyre touching the parking bay line (incorrect parking it was defined as))

I assume meadowhall car parks are classed as privately owned land? Does that mean this fine should be ignored??

So, after reading this, can any one give any clear, legal advice on these parking fines, as Meadowhall has a tendancy to issue these to anyone who isnt parked perfectly ( my neighbour just got a fine for her back n/s tyre touching the parking bay line (incorrect parking it was defined as))

I assume meadowhall car parks are classed as privately owned land? Does that mean this fine should be ignored??

thats correct:)

get your own back send them lots of letters without a stamp on so they pay the postoffice to recieve their mail hoping they are full of cheques it costs them £1.30 per letter they will soon see how it feels to be scamed

Thanks for that.Will do.Will take 50 of em though.

the only parking tickets you have to pay must be issued by the city council or the police any others are invoices and can be ignored

Just very occasionally very very occasionally - they take people to court. They lose properly defended cases. Type "Excel Parking Lose" into Google and you will see. Much the same applies to any other private parking companies.

Act on properly signed and stamped court papers.

Edited by Walkley Dave