Bradfield Road car park (Hillsborough) - charges and "fines"

We have recieved a letter through the post today saying we have got a fine we was in the carpark at the top end near farmfoods from 10.01 untill 10.17 as we was longer than 10mins. We have a £80 fine are these companys legal do we have to pay. I wouldnt mind but my partner was in the car the all time as i nipped in to wilkos. Tried ringing them but no answer any help as i dnt want to pay this but will it come back to bite us on the backside .

We have recieved a letter through the post today saying we have got a fine we was in the carpark at the top end near farmfoods from 10.01 untill 10.17 as we was longer than 10mins. We have a £80 fine are these companys legal do we have to pay. I wouldnt mind but my partner was in the car the all time as i nipped in to wilkos. Tried ringing them but no answer any help as i dnt want to pay this but will it come back to bite us on the backside .

If the 'fine' has been issued from a private company then it's actually an unenforceable invoice, and you can safely ignore it.

Read here for more info:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets

We got a fine this morning stating we were 7mins over the time when i phoned they informed me i had gone over the 10mins and i had not got a ticket the pay and display i told him it was 2hrs and there is no Pay machine in the car park they did not want to know.and we had to pay