Bradfield Road car park (Hillsborough) - charges and "fines"

I wish I had seen this and saved my dad some money...........

Yeah an I wish I had known they had no legal rights when they did me for £60 for parking at Hillsboro whilst visiting the Italian restaurant,across from the car park, going in at at 2005 left at 2215. Car park empty but they still issued "offence notice".

They even imitated the police logo on their demand......just for good measure. !!! Rob dogs :rant::suspect:

we got a ticket for parkin in hillsborough for 10 mins over the two hours :(

With all due respect - if this was from Parking Eye - you got a speculative invoice which you would do best to ignore. And any threatening letters that come along with it.

If it was from the council or the police - you got a ticket.

With all due respect - if this was from Parking Eye - you got a speculative invoice which you would do best to ignore. And any threatening letters that come along with it.

If it was from the council or the police - you got a ticket.

It was parking eye.... but its paid now... but will remember in future.

Doesn't make any difference who owns the land. The only people who can issue fines are councils and the police.

I officially hate this company, I got a 'fine' from them when parking in Hillsborough. I paid it quickly but wish I hadn't now, the morons.

yeah me too.

Clamping firms still have to have fair terms and conditions. If you were unfairly clamped (so you parked in a marked bay and were only using Meadowhall businesses), you should re-coup the money through complaints, complaints and, ultimately, small-claims.

Clamping firms still have to have fair terms and conditions. If you were unfairly clamped (so you parked in a marked bay and were only using Meadowhall businesses), you should re-coup the money through complaints, complaints and, ultimately, small-claims.

Clamping is due to be banned in the forthcoming year.

There is no point in claiming against a clamper - they will ignore a CCJ and many have dozens.

The way to sue is to include the individual clamper and the landowner/leaser, especially the latter - since they have tangible assets and they are liable as agent/employer.

Edited by Walkley Dave
Poorly written!

I just received a letter with NOTICE OF INTENDED LITIGATION printed in huge letters across it from a solicitor who apparently retired many years ago but is allowing his name to be used in Parking Eye correspondence.

Its going with the other dozen letters I have been sent by them, in the bin.