Bradfield Road car park (Hillsborough) - charges and "fines"

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a letter of fine through today. I was there for 20 minutes and i'm not paying it either. There wasn't even anything stuck on the windscreen and apparently i have to pay it in 5 days time or it goes up to £80 or £50 before. A joke. There were no obvious signs that i saw. I've parked there many times whilst shopping without a problem. Is there some sort of appeal proceudre does anyone know? It says on the letter it is a private car park. First i've heard :mad:

I have had a letter of fine through today. I was there for 20 minutes and i'm not paying it either. There wasn't even anything stuck on the windscreen and apparently i have to pay it in 5 days time or it goes up to £80 or £50 before. A joke. There were no obvious signs that i saw. I've parked there many times whilst shopping without a problem. Is there some sort of appeal proceudre does anyone know? It says on the letter it is a private car park. First i've heard :mad:

I believe you just ignore them, and any threats they send, or tell them to stick it firmly up their bum!:D

• 2 weeks later...

Would you believe i had another ticket for the same car park the day after the other one?

Apparently it is really well sign posted saying you can't park there. Does anyone know what will happen if i ignore them or ring and tell them i won't pay?

It's not a fine, only a court has the power to impose a fine on you. It is an invoice, unenfoceable in a civil court because it is an unfair penalty.

In short a money making scam which relies on a percentage of people being daft enough to pay-up. Ignore all the letters and threats, they are just bluster.

Search the Forum are loads of posts on this subject, much more detailed than this.

use the internet, nothing in hillsborough to shop for

I don;t live in Hillsborough anymore, but come on!

You have a Home bargains, Fulton foods, Heron foods, far foods, Dun elm, Wilkinsons etc..

It's the home of discount shopping. There's no way you could find the grocery and domestic products from these any cheaper on the internet.

Would you believe i had another ticket for the same car park the day after the other one?

Apparently it is really well sign posted saying you can't park there. Does anyone know what will happen if i ignore them or ring and tell them i won't pay?

Where exacly were you parked to get the ticket??

I was parked further up which, iv'e just found out, is a private car park.

I have since seen there are huge yellow signs which say you can only park there for ten minutes but i've always parked there when nipping in to Wilkos and never had a problem before, hence not looking out for any new signs.

Will do a search for threads and take a look at the link above.

Thanks