Bradfield Road car park (Hillsborough) - charges and "fines"

• 2 weeks later...

Has any one had problems with this car park, i have had two tickets for parking there the first one i came back to my car to find a ticket for £70 on the windscreen because i was not in a proper parking bay, it had a line down one side of the car and a line across the back of the car, i didnt realise till getting the ticket so fair enough i paid it, Then yesterday i had a letter through the post with a £50 fine for being in there 14 minutes over the two hour allowance, it states that there camera has clocked the times which it does state in the letter entering and leaving the car park (two week's ago) now it seem's strange that the prices differ has any one been fined here if so did you pay? and if not what happened.

• 1 month later...

i just got a letter throught the post sayin the i over stayed the time limit of 2 hours in the carpark in hillsborough behind farmfoods, but this was on the 27/11/09 and i've only just recived the letter (15/01/10) is there a time limit of which the fine must be issued ?

also iv been reading other fourms about as it isnt a police or council fine i can just refuse to pay it , is this true ?

cheers daniel x

Edited by whizwhiz2
spellin errors

i just got a letter throught the post sayin the i over stayed the time limit of 2 hours in the carpark in hillsborough behind farmfoods, but this was on the 27/11/09 and i've only just recived the letter (15/01/10) is there a time limit of which the fine must be issued ?

also iv been reading other fourms about as it isnt a police or council fine i can just refuse to pay it , is this true ?

cheers daniel x

just ignore it i did.

What Act of Parliament or Local Govenment statute does it refer to?

If it doesn't mention any act or by-law that you have infringed, it is likely that it is a 'private' parking fine which is unenforceable.

It is not a question of refusing to pay it, just put it in the bin. Any contact you have with them may be construed as some form of acceptance of a contract, so like I say, just bin it.

If however it is a police or council one, you best pay it before it doubles.

John X

If it doesn't mention any act or by-law that you have infringed, it is likely that it is a 'private' parking fine which is unenforceable.

It is not a question of refusing to pay it, just put it in the bin.

It may be unenforceable, but that doesn't mean the OP is justified in refusing to pay it. If you park on someone else's land you abide by their rules for allowing you to park there; otherwise, you don't park there.

It may be unenforceable, but that doesn't mean the OP is justified in refusing to pay it.

I'm not saying whether he should or shouldn't pay it.

I'm just saying that he doesn't have to. And the best way to do that is to ignore it rather than engage in a debate with the people sending it.

John X

• 5 months later...

My old pa took my ma into hillsborough for some shopping a couple of weeks ago and parked in the carpark at the back of farmfoods. Then today they received an £80 fine from a company called Parking Eye Services.

Are they likely to enforce the fine if not paid or are they just a cowboy outfit like excel.

thanks in advance. x