Bradfield Road car park (Hillsborough) - charges and "fines"

As i recall, these 'private' companies operating on private ground cannot refer to the 'fine' as a 'fine'........ it is an invoice and the term 'fine' is a term used to scare its recipient into paying for something they needent pay for.

As i understand it, the only way this company can compel you to pay the 'fine' is by winning at a small claims court.

I strongly advise that you check into the legality of this ticket by somebody far better informed on the matter than the opinions of people on an internet forum though. (although best intentions and all that)

Best of luck.

My friend got a fine from the same company when we went for a meal at SetteColli a couple of months back which was after 20.00. I think she got back to the car around 22.30 and later received a fine through the post for £100. She haggled with them and ended up paying £50 because she could not be bothered to pursue through the Courts.

Don't admit to who was driving the car as I don't think they can hold you accountable if the registered driver was not using the car and it is on private land so they cannot enforce a fine.

There's about three a week, not just one; always wanting to know how to avoid paying a charge and never bothering to explain whether they had a right to park there or not.

I don't understand this forum. ok I didn't explain that it was a dispute over whether the ticket was fairly issued- my dad didn't park there just to break the rules, he believed it to be for customers. But before I have the chance to even answer your first question your shooting me down in flames with another forummer. Well ok one on my chin from you. I hope your proud.

ive looked back on a few of these threads, whats the problem park in the designated car parks or spaces, pay the fee for the ammount of time you need to be there, plus add some for being late back, and thats it, in other cases just look round, these companys do have to display warnings, there clearly marked in the asda, staples you cant get in there car park for the warning signs, so there not being unreasonable, you have to pay to park, if theres a free period fine, but overstay and its your own fault, without a valid reason.

There's about three a week, not just one; always wanting to know how to avoid paying a charge and never bothering to explain whether they had a right to park there or not.

In LAW a private parking company has NO right to make you pay a fine,im sure even YOU know that.That is why the ONLY responce to a ppc is to ignore them and they go away.

Why do you think people should have to explain anything?Only daft ignorent people pay private parking tickets no matter what bluff and bluster they dream up on their paperwork which is in alot of cases illegal.