New Indian Takeaway - Bombay Spice on Woodseats

chrissy84

Cheers - hope the previous posts live up to the meal !

Did you try it?

I went in person on Friday evening. I had lamb bhuna, chicken korma, plain rice, garlic naan and two popadams.

It came to £13 with a couple of extra popadams thrown in which I thought was pretty reasonable. He also gave me a voucher with money off my next order.

Verdict: Very friendly staff and I only had to wait 10mins for the food.

Food was tatsy and served in foil containers which I like.

My only negatives are that the meat in the bhuna was a little too salty and far too much ghee butter, it was drowning in it and went everywhere in the bag. And finally, not enough meat content in both meat dishes.

Other than that, I enjoyed it and will go back.

Yes, meal was excellent, will definitely use again. We always use Shaan on London Rd and can't really fault their food apart from if you don't order tikka meat (either lamb or chicken) you normally get tiny pieces which don't really taste of much.

I had a lamb and spinach meal (can't remember which one it was but it wasn't saag) and my partner had chicken tikka bhuna. Both meals were great.

Will still use Shaan .. at least we have a choice now. Many of the ones we have used in the past seem to get complacent with the quality of food and service over time so we always end up having to change from one takeaway to another.

I'm already thinking about which different meals I can try off their menu for next time!

Archived