Fungal Nail Infection - Best Treatment

Drugs have a 50% success and are taken over 4 to 6 months and are fairly toxic with many known side effects. Topical treatments roughly have a 7% success rate if the infection has not penetrated the nail bed. Laser nail treatment is 85% effective from a one off treatment with no known side effects. Admittedly it is an expense treatment on a par with other medical laser treatments.

Also the laser has a broad specturm activity. against all known fungal pathogens.

Edited by Podmeister

• 8 months later...

i have cured my fungal nail problem.cheap and simple.Cut and file you nail as far as safely possible,don,t make it bleed and then rub in ordinary bleach like domestos.I used it neat but others say a solution of between 10 and 50%, working on the theory you can put your hands in it to clean stuff.Anyway it has worked for me and i did it most days for a month.Previously I had the nail removed and although yeast was evident during healing time the doc said he thought it would go away,i then used Cureanail and at £20 a throw i had no success at all and you are talking 9 months.No bleach has done it for me.

...Also the laser has a broad specturm activity. against all known fungal pathogens.

Lasers have broad spectrum activity against all organic tissue.

I wince when I hear people talking about laser 'treatment' (I was daft enough to have a laser palatoplasty)

Lasers don't 'treat' anything. They burn it.

6" of cordtex wrapped around the toe would also remove the fungus. Quite spectacularly.

• 1 year later...