Thieving from city centre fountain -Couldn't believe my eyes

With respect - this is a thread about people who thieve money out of fountains - they are

neither decent nor are they angels.They are thieving scrotes .

It should make no difference whether there is a sign there stating

that the money goes to charity or not - if you help yourself to something that doesn't belong to you then that is theft and you should be punished accordingly. If that means only that you are thrown in the said fountain by passers-by who have scruples then so be it.

You have written "with respect" but you were being dishonest and only said it to make your disrespectfulness sound a little bit britishly polite.

Don't worry, I don't want respect from people who live to intense sour harsh bitter moralistic values crying over some money that has been thrown away anyway.

When I pick up garbage on the street and put it in a bin, is that theft? Am I stealing this garbage that does not belong to me. That would make me just as much a criminal thief as someone who gets change from a fountain.

If someone believes money is so valuable and needs protecting why don't they deposit that change in the bank or charity box.

Most people will not leave their wallet in the car, wonder why.

I worked at DLA Piper next to peace gardens for about 6months, back in 2007-8. I would often see early morning some chap on a mobility scooter zoom round to all the fountain bottoms and help himself to the coins.

Do i think it's wrong? Hmm. If there were signs up indicating what the council do with the money, then i would say it's wrong.

I found a soggy £5 in the street the other day. It paid for my lunch...Thankyou very much.

Quite. Surely it's not theft if the money is just lying around. I guess people who actually take the plunge for a few pence must be pretty desperate for cash - so good luck to them I say. If it is a crime (which I doubt), there is no victim.

Quite. Surely it's not theft if the money is just lying around.

Theft by finding. You have to take reasonable steps to locate the owner, such as newspaper advert, posters or handing it in to a police station. But how anyone would ever know that you've found something is almost impossible.

Theft by finding. You have to take reasonable steps to locate the owner, such as newspaper advert, posters or handing it in to a police station. But how anyone would ever know that you've found something is almost impossible.

"Found - £1.05 in loose change. Fountains in Peace Gardens. May have multiple owners"

:hihi:

You have written "with respect" but you were being dishonest and only said it to make your disrespectfulness sound a little bit britishly polite.

Don't worry, I don't want respect from people who live to intense sour harsh bitter moralistic values crying over some money that has been thrown away anyway.

When I pick up garbage on the street and put it in a bin, is that theft? Am I stealing this garbage that does not belong to me. That would make me just as much a criminal thief as someone who gets change from a fountain.

If someone believes money is so valuable and needs protecting why don't they deposit that change in the bank or charity box.

Most people will not leave their wallet in the car, wonder why.

Deary me - I think the heat must be getting to you.

Nowhere in my post have I been either dishonest or disrespectful :confused:

---------- Post added 23-07-2016 at 14:43 ----------

The money from the Winter Gardens and Peace Gardens certainly goes to charity. My organisation was the beneficiary a couple of years ago. We were pleased to have the money, obviously, but cleaning it and counting it was a big job!

Not these days matey - the thieving lowlifes have stolen all the charity money.

Morals and standards have dropped from only a few years ago when you posted.

---------- Post added 23-07-2016 at 14:52 ----------

Well after reading this thread I set off last night into town and went to the fountains with my waders and a fishing net, but frustratingly all of the coins were gone. Those thieving rascals make my blood boil.

---------- Post added 23-07-2016 at 09:18 ----------

It hasn't rained for quite a long time, so i'd be questioning why it was soggy! :gag:

Sweat probably..........:gag:

Edited by Daven

When people throw coins into a fountain (as in the old song) they are wishing good luck for themselves and others, not giving to charity. So why not good luck for those who find it?

If you believe that then the bad luck someone is having when they throw money in the fountain will fall on the one thieving it - nice one.

Karma.

If you believe that then the bad luck someone is having when they throw money in the fountain will fall on the one thieving it - nice one.

Karma.

Money in a fountain does not belong to the owner anymore, they intentionally decided to part with it. The owner of the fountain has not made a legal claim for the money. I am not a lawyer but seriously question your claim on calling someone collecting this free to take change a thieving lowlife.

Maybe you don't really know what a real thieving lowlife is, I assure you it is not the one who collects change from a fountain. Learn how to judge matters to their degree of intensity and adjust the language to describe this matter according to that intensity.

What are you going to call someone who stabs a pensioner to get their wallet, is there anything twice as bad as thieving lowlife?

You are not capable of judging the seriousness of the matter and adjust your language accordingly, just like when you say "with respect" when you don't really mean it. Calling others who are poor a lowlife also clearly shows a difficulty in understanding humanity.

Money in a fountain does not belong to the owner anymore, they intentionally decided to part with it. The owner of the fountain has not made a legal claim for the money. I am not a lawyer but seriously question your claim on calling someone collecting this free to take change a thieving lowlife.

Maybe you don't really know what a real thieving lowlife is, I assure you it is not the one who collects change from a fountain. Learn how to judge matters to their degree of intensity and adjust the language to describe this matter according to that intensity.

What are you going to call someone who stabs a pensioner to get their wallet, is there anything twice as bad as thieving lowlife?

You are not capable of judging the seriousness of the matter and adjust your language accordingly, just like when you say "with respect" when you don't really mean it. Calling others who are poor a lowlife also clearly shows a difficulty in understanding humanity.

Anyone who knows me on here and in 'real life' will tell you my grasp of humanity is far beyond the norm and for you to suggest otherwise is insulting.

It is quiet on SF tonight and you are clearly in a bad mood and wanting an argument - I will not oblige.

Have a lovely evening.