Thieving from city centre fountain -Couldn't believe my eyes

when I lived in Calver I used to know the guy that emptied Monpessons well at Eyam. He emptied it only bi monthly and usually got between £100 and £200 a time. Guess where that money went ?? Down his neck at the local pub.. Not one penny went to charity..:rant:;)

Where did you say this well was?:hihi:

Aw come on folks, the people that were taking the money out of the fountains probably needed it for booze or drugs. At least while they are depriving the council workers from pocketing the money they are not mugging people.. FGS its pennies not the great train robbery..

Whilst we are at it, when I lived in Calver I used to know the guy that emptied Monpessons well at Eyam. He emptied it only bi monthly and usually got between £100 and £200 a time. Guess where that money went ?? Down his neck at the local pub.. Not one penny went to charity..:rant:;)

A Plague upon your discarded pennies. Sounds like the geezer had the right idea - it's a rather neat form of recycling. Of course, you never actually buy beer, you just rent it!!!!!

The money from the Winter Gardens and Peace Gardens certainly goes to charity. My organisation was the beneficiary a couple of years ago. We were pleased to have the money, obviously, but cleaning it and counting it was a big job!

Not as far as I'm aware. Why do people throw stuff into any old fountain anyways?

I think people throw money in fountains for luck. Not because they think it's a good way of giving to charity.

Sad to see someone in such a sorry state they're prepared to drench themselves in cold water to grab what can only amount to a couple of quid. Couldn't we spread a rumour that giving money to tramps makes you lucky. Then everyone's happy (and dry).