Cuba whats it like for a holiday

we went to guardalavaca about 4 yrs ago. I was pregnant at the time and before we went the Dr said that cuba's health service is excellent so she had no worries with me travelling their.

The food was OK but not haute cuisine. The service was fantastic and everyone and I mean EVERYONE was lovely.

As someone else said pens, pencils and small toiletries were very gratefully received.

Dominican Republic is nicer in my opinion, although St. Lucia is the best I've been to. St. Lucia was very expensive though.

we went to guardalavaca about 4 yrs ago. I was pregnant at the time and before we went the Dr said that cuba's health service is excellent so she had no worries with me travelling their.

The food was OK but not haute cuisine. The service was fantastic and everyone and I mean EVERYONE was lovely.

As someone else said pens, pencils and small toiletries were very gratefully received.

Dominican Republic is nicer in my opinion, although St. Lucia is the best I've been to. St. Lucia was very expensive though.

you making words up? :D

Just cross your fingers that you aren't there when a hurricane strikes. My parents spent almost all of their holiday in an evacuation centre because the army move everybody away from the coast and into large centres which are protected from the weather when hurricanes are predicted to hit land. Because so few Cuban people have cars the army just turn up with coaches and remove everybody in a very well practised drill.

Cuba hasn't lost a single inhabitant to a hurricane in a very long time, and that is mostly because by the time a hurricane actually gets to the island everybody has already been moved away from the coast; the at risk areas are evacuated half a dozen times most years apparently.

For that reason I'd choose to go outside of the normal hurricane season if I was going to go to Cuba.

Archived