Your Memories of Oughtibridge

wasn't your father connected to the speedway at owlerton.

Yeah he was! My grandad worked there for many years, he had something to do with the betting machines at the time. My dad used to go there for the speedway but not sure if he ever worked there (I'll ask him the next time I phone!)

Strangely enough my dad ended up living in Scotland (and he's still there) where I was born but I moved to Sheffield a few years ago with my job - it's like everything has gone full circle!

Did you know my dad back then?

• 2 years later...
jaffa1,so you found out who i am,ifnot ask doreen M.I really enjoyed my time there but dont blame me for the conservatory,its a mess,yes I know of the fella who has the house,and they swapped the gates made by Albert Penistone for some micky mouse B&Q ones,ugh.

Yes my Dad made those gate's he made things to last. He was a very proud chap. I am surprised they took them down they would have lasted another few decades.............. bet the B&Q ones have warped in the sun? :roll:

Archived