Appeal for Memories Of The Omega (Baldwin's) Restaurant Brincliffe

Polly

I have a copy of the 1969/70 Good Food Guide edited, in those days, by Raymond Postgate, with an entry for The Omega. If you are interested, PM me your e-mail address and I will copy and send to you. I also remember attending a 21st Birthday Dinner in 1975 and more recently, an excellent Summer bash, ladies included!!!!!, for Sheffield Metal Club.

• 3 weeks later...

We were sent to "Baldwins" the morning after the blitz ,as there was an unexploded bomb near our hose in Nether Edge. It was then Brincliffe tennis Club.

The Blue nCoat Schoool was just below the turning into Quarry lane

• 2 months later...

thanks for these memories - we could do with some more info on Brincliffe tennis club and also the model railway that was on the Baldwin Omega site - possibly it was the Sheffield and District Society of Model and Experimental Engineers Ltd which is now in Ecclesall Woods. Any memories gratefully received

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
We recently(Last year actually) had a birthday bash at the Omega.

I can remember a lad at school 1959/60 saying he wanted to work there. Alan Markhall I think his name was.

-----------------------------------------

Hm, he A.M. was a handsome blonde lad,

Edited by sheffsueme