Weirdos in pubs...

i used to drink in the beer engine, behind safeways. before it became dulo and there was always a good supply of strange ones in there. once walked up to the bar and some some guy leans in real close and says, "give me your top." i wasn't sure if he was trying to rob me, i don't think he was too sure either.

however, i used to work in the 'closed shop' in walkley/commonside. that and the hallamshire had some real oddballs... does anyone know of 'counting john'?

Originally posted by awayboy

however, i used to work in the 'closed shop' in walkley/commonside. that and the hallamshire had some real oddballs... does anyone know of 'counting john'?

Yes, Counting John walks past my shop every day, still counting the handful of pennies he has. I wonder how many times he counts it in one day? It's got to be a hundred times at least.

Walkley is well and truly alive to the sound of music when it comes to nutters, oddballs and cast-offs.

Oops, me and my mouth...,

Originally posted by JBee

I think it comes down to social skills. If a woman or group of women want to be approached, they will catch the guy's eye, in a come-hither kinda way! Or if it's a balloon modeller, they will express delight, excitement, ect.

But if I woman or two women are not looking around the room, deep in conversation, reading the paper or whatever, then you can be fairly sure they don't want to be disturbed.

I always maintain that'd I'd tell Brad Pitt to sod off if he approached me in a rude or sexually agressive mannor.

I live for the day when I get to test this theory! Tee hee!!!!!

haha that made me laugh! particularly this part; 'Or if it's a balloon modeller, they will express delight, excitement, ect.'

class :thumbsup:

Counting John sits on a wall on Harcourt Road every morning without fail. There will be a plate on the wall with exactly £21 on it (a £20 note and a pound coin), this happens every morning.

He's a nice enough bloke though and when I say hello he always replies and is usually quite talkative

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by James_pol

Counting John sits on a wall on Harcourt Road every morning without fail. There will be a plate on the wall with exactly £21 on it (a £20 note and a pound coin), this happens every morning.

He's a nice enough bloke though and when I say hello he always replies and is usually quite talkative

I encountered counting John for the irst time last night in a pub in Walkley, seems nice enough.

He doesn't half talk a lot though.....:P

Archived